Russians in Cyprus
A 2001 government census showed that there were 4,952 people of Russian origin living in Cyprus. Most of them arrived in Cyprus in the 1990s. Even if press reports in 2011 stated that over 100,000 people of Russian origin live in Cyprus;the 2011 government census showed that there were only 10,520 people of Russian origin living in Cyprus. Most of them (4,580 - around 50%) live in the city of Limassol. Russian schools and Orthodox Churches have been built, and a Russian-language television and radio service has been set up.
The ties between Russia and Cyprus are both historical and religious. More than 900 years ago, on the way to the holy sites of Palestine, father Daniel Sysoev made a stop on the island. He became the first Russian writer to tell of the local sights. Three chapters of his famous book the Journey are dedicated to Cyprus.
Organizational and cultural cohesion 
In recent years, Russian language and culture are strengthening their positions on the island. For example, in 2000, a monument to the great Russian poet Alexander Pushkin was opened in a city park in Limassol and locals refer to the city as “Limassolgrad”. Last year, a monument to the first Russian pilgrim to Cyprus, Father Daniel, was erected on Stavrovouni Monastery. In 2010 the Russian Orthodox Church has received title to a parcel of land near the city of Limassol, Cyprus. The deed was transferred on November 19 to the benefactor's council for the construction of the Church of Russian orthodox St. Nicholas Cathedral. The church will become the main Orthodox church for the Russian-speaking community on the island.
Members of the Russian diaspora in Cyprus have taken further steps toward organizational cohesion. A striking example of this was the first conference of Russian compatriots in Cyprus, which was held at the Russian Center for Science and Culture in Nicosia on December 20, 2008. At this very representative forum, which was attended by delegates from 33 Russian organizations in Cyprus and representatives from the Russian embassy, a range of issues related to “Russian Cyprus” was discussed. Prospects for the consolidation of Russian communities on the island, problems related to preserving and promoting Russian language and culture, and protecting the civil and socioeconomic rights of Russian compatriots were among the topics covered. The conference adopted a draft concept on how Russian organizations on the island should function in light of these goals.
Cyprus-Russian Festival 
Vestnik Kipra Publishing House in association with the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Cyprus and the Limassol Municipality organizes the Cyprus – Russian Festival since 2005. Every year more than 15,000 people gather at Limassol’s Molos to celebrate the unique relationship between Russia and Cyprus. More than 500 actors, dancers, and singers from both countries take part in a non-stop 8-hour program. The Festival is customarily opened by the President of Cyprus.
Business ties 
In September 2010 Dmitry Rybolovlev became the major shareholder of the largest Cyprus bank, the Bank of Cyprus, after buying 9.7% of its shares. Finance Minister Vassos Shiarly said June 19 in Nicosia that the Cypriot government is pursuing a loan from Russia to improve its bargaining position in case it has to turn to its Euro-area partners for emergency aid.
See also 
- Information about the Russian community in Cyprus
- Northern Cyprus forms Russian business lobby
- Russians in Cyprus - largest online forum of Russian-speaking residents of Cyprus.
- Russian business communities in the European Union (plus Switzerland) - an onomastics view (2013)
- www.cystat.gov.cy - (2001census) - POPULATION CENSUS 2001 VOL4
- [http://www.mof.gov.cy/mof/cystat/statistics.nsf/populationcondition_22main_gr/populationcondition_22main_gr?OpenForm&sub=2&sel=2 - (2011census) - POPULATION CENSUS 2011
- Brits and Russians in Cyprus TheMoscowTimes.com April 14, 2010
- Russian Cyprus October 7, 2010
- Alderman, Liz (3 February 2013). "Question of Aiding Cyprus Places Germany in a Bind".
- Russian Orthodox Church has received title to a parcel of land near the city of Limassol, Cyprus. Pravoslavie.ru November 19, 2010
- Russian Cyprus Russkiymir.ru December 20, 2009
- Cyprus-Russian Festival CyprusAdvertiser.com January 9, 2013
- 7th Cyprus-Russian Festival CyprusEvents.net June 9, 2012
- 7th Cyprus-Russian Festival VisitCyprus.com June 9, 2012
- Dmitry Rybolovlev gained control of 9.7% of Bank of Cyprus Forbes.ru September 23, 2010
- Russia Awaits Cyprus Request for Bailout Loan, Storchak Says Bloomberg June 21, 2012