|Born||Rustom Cariño Padilla
May 15, 1967
|Other names||Rustom Padilla|
|Spouse(s)||Carmina Villaroel (m. 1998–2002) annulled|
|Parents||Carlos Roy Padilla
and Eva Carino
BB Gandanghari (English: Miss Beautiful King, born Rustom Cariño Padilla on May 15, 1967) is a Filipino transsexual actor and commercial model. He is the older brother to actor Robin Padilla and younger brother to Royette and Rommel Padilla, both actors. In January 2009, after returning from the United States, Gandanghari came out as a trans woman and changed his name to BB (sometimes spelled Bebe Gandanghari), saying that the person which the people used to know is already dead.
In an interview, Gandanghari stated the name is derived from the Filipino words Bb. (abbreviation of Binibini, an honorific equivalent to "Miss") and Gandanghari, a portmanteau of the words ganda (beauty) and hari (king), adding that the "Bb." refers to her motto "'Be' all that you can 'be'".
Gandanghari entered show business as a matinee idol and later as an action star. He was also the presenter of Philippine franchise for Wheel of Fortune on ABC 5. After his hosting stint, Gandanghari left the Philippines and studied filmmaking in the United States.
Gandanghari appeared in the film adaptation of the comic book Zsazsa Zaturnnah (her first film role as a gay man) as the gay salon owner Ada (Adrian), the alter ego of Zsazsa Zaturnnah. He appeared in the television series La Vendetta on GMA 7 and the Happy Hearts, later appearing on the ABS-CBN teleserye, Eva Fonda.
Gandanghari was born to Carlos Roy Padilla and Eva Cariño. He has seven siblings: three brothers and four sisters. While still male, Gandanghari married Carmina Villaroel In 1994; she filed for annulment after several months, which was granted in June 2002.
He became one of the 14 housemates in Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition. On March 2, 2006, he came out of the closet on the show by telling fellow housemate Keanna Reeves that he was a gay man On day 45 of the competition, Gandanghari opted to voluntarily leave the house.
In January 2009, Gandanghari came out as a trans woman. He plans to undergo sex reassignment surgery. His brother, action star Robin Padilla, at first said that he fully accepted the decision, but later he has recanted his earlier statements and admitted that he is still shocked and not on good terms with him. Their mother, and all of Gandanghari's brothers still call him Rustom.
- As BB Gandanghari
- As Rustom Padilla
- Super Inggo 1.5 – ABS-CBN (2007) as Super Inday's alter ego
- La Vendetta – GMA (2007) as Alfie Camba
- Aalog-Alog as Rust
- Komiks: Fun Haus as Ringa Master
- Pinoy Big Brother Celebrity Edition – ABS-CBN (2006)
- Wheel Of Fortune – ABC (2001)
- Saan Ka Man Naroroon – ABS-CBN (1999)
- Pintados – GMA (1999)
- GMA Love Stories – GMA (1996)
- Spotlight Drama Special – GMA (1994)
- GMA Telecine Specials – GMA (1993)
- 17 Bernard Club – ABC (1993)
- Valiente – ABS-CBN/GMA (1994–1997)
- Lunch Date – GMA (1992)
- Davao, Ang Gintong Pag-Asa – RPN (1991)
- Happy Hearts (2007)
- Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah, ze Moveeh (2006)
- Yamashita, the Tiger's Treasure (2001)
- Ganito ako magmahal (1999)
- Bilib Ako Sa'yo (1999)
- Ako'y ibigin mo... Lalaking matapang (1999)
- May isang pamilya (1999)
- Ganito na akong Magmahal (1998)
- Walang katapusang init (1998)
- Abuso: Case #6433 (1997)
- Paano Kung Wala Ka Na (1997)
- Bilang Na Ang Araw Mo (1996)
- Maruja (1996)
- The Jessica Alfaro Story (1995)
- Sana Dalawa ang Puso ko (1995)
- Marami ka pang kakaining bigas (1994)
- Darna (1994)
- Mistah (1994)
- Brat Pack (1994)
- Kadenang Bulaklak (1994)
- Ikaw (1993)
- Gagay, Ang Prinsesa Ng Brownout (1993)
- Kapag Iginuhit ang Hatol ng Puso (1993)
- Hanggang Saan Hanggang Kailan (1993)
- Ngayon at Kailanman (film) (1992)
- Narito ang Puso Ko (1992)
- Magnong Rehas (1992)
- Onyong Majikero (1991)
- Hindi Magbabago (1990)
- 1992 PMPC Star Awards for Television – Best New Male TV Personality
- 2007 Gawad Urian Best Actor award
- 2009 National Kidlat Awards Foundation, Host
- bio. Robinpadilla.net. Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Salanga, Elyas Isabelo L. (2009-01-18). Rustom Padilla is now Bebe Gandanghari PEP.Ph
- Franco, Berni (2009-01-19). "Good-bye Rustom Padilla, Hello Bebe Gandanghari" (in (Tagalog)). ABS-CBN.com.
- Carmina, Zoren open to working with Rustom. Gmanews.tv (2007-01-31). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- "Rustom finds his way home". Asian Journal Online. October 11, 2007. Retrieved 2007-11-09.
- Group backs Bebe Gandanghari’s reported sex change plan. Abs-cbnnews.com (2010-04-21). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Showbiz Transformations 2: Of Looking Better and Gender Benders. Pep.ph (2008-06-16). Retrieved on 2012-08-17.
- Padilla and his brothers still in "state of shock" over BB Gandanghari; still calls BB "Rustom". Pep.ph. Retrieved on 2012-08-17.