Ruston, Louisiana micropolitan area
The Ruston Micropolitan Statistical Area is a micropolitan area in north central Louisiana that covers two parishes - Lincoln and Jackson. As of the 2000 census, the μSA had a population of 57,906 (though a July 1, 2009 estimate placed the population at 58,349).
- Ruston (Principal city)
- Grambling, Louisiana (Second largest City)
As of the census of 2000, there were 57,906 people, 21,321 households, and 13,991 families residing within the μSA. The racial makeup of the μSA was 61.04% White, 36.65% African American, 0.21% Native American, 0.99% Asian, 0.01% Pacific Islander, 0.45% from other races, and 0.65% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.01% of the population.
The median income for a household in the μSA was $27,665, and the median income for a family was $37,645. Males had a median income of $32,177 versus $20,435 for females. The per capita income for the μSA was $14,834.
- Louisiana census statistical areas
- List of cities, towns, and villages in Louisiana
- List of census-designated places in Louisiana
- "Table 1. Annual Estimates of the Population of Metropolitan and Micropolitan Statistical Areas: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2009 (CBSA-EST2009-01)" (CSV). 2009 Population Estimates. United States Census Bureau, Population Division. 2010-03-23. Retrieved 2010-03-26.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.