|Notable credit(s)||News Anchor at KSL 5 (1992-2001); News Anchor at ABC 4 (2001-2007)|
Ruth Todd is an award-winning Salt Lake City television news anchor. She most recently worked in television for KTVX ABC4. Todd joined the ABC4 news team in December 2001, but first appeared on-air April 15, 2002 as the station's lead female anchor. Her last newscast was February 28, 2007, after her five-year contract expired.
Todd began her broadcasting career at KBYU-TV while a student at Brigham Young University. After graduating, she began as a reporter and newsbrief anchor at KUTV News in Salt Lake City. She has been a reporter and anchor in Phoenix, Arizona at KTVK and both the ABC and CBS stations in Washington, D.C.
From Channel 5 to Channel 4
Todd joined KSL Television in 1992 as anchorwoman for "Eyewitness News Saturday Morning". She was then assigned to co-anchor "Eyewitness News at Noon" with Steve Eagar. Todd became a quick favorite of Utah viewers and two and a half years later, she joined Dick Nourse on the top-rated "Eyewitness News at 10 p.m."
After ten years, Todd and KSL parted ways after both could not come to terms on a new contract deal. She left Channel 5 and joined KTVX channel 4 on December 13, 2001.
Todd joined News 4 Utah as co-anchor of "ABC 4 News" at 10 p.m. She was first paired with veteran Salt Lake news anchor Randall Carlisle. In 2004, Terry Wood became Ruth's co-anchor at 10. From 1994 to 1996, Todd, Carlisle and Wood were all late-night competitors on different stations (On channels 5, 4 and 2, respectively).
- In 2003, Todd appeared as herself, along with co-anchor Carlisle, during a news segment in the LDS film The R.M., directed by Kurt Hale and starring Kirby Heyborne.
- Was a celebrity volunteer at the annual Easter Egg Roll at the White House in Washington, D.C.
- Worked with the March of Dimes, the Easter Seals, the Muscular Dystrophy Association, and numerous other organizations
- Has been the Salt Lake Spokesperson for "Family Now," Chairperson of the United Way's Women in Leadership Committee, and board member of the Visual Arts Institute in Salt Lake City
- Works annually for the Primary Children's Medical Center, the American Heart Association and the American Cancer Society
- Ran the St. George Marathon in 2001
Past News Team Members
- Terry Wood, Marti Skold, Wesley Ruff (2007) ABC4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Terry Wood, Dan Pope, Wesley Ruff (2004–07) ABC4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Randall Carlisle, Dan Pope, Wesley Ruff (2002–04) ABC 4 News at 10 (KTVX)
- Dick Nourse, Mark Eubank, Tom Kirkland (1998–2001) Eyewitness News at 10 (KSL)
- Bruce Lindsay, Mark Eubank (1997–99) Eyewitness News Live at 5 (KSL)
- Dick Nourse, Mark Eubank, Craig Bolerjack (1994–98) Eyewitness News at 10 (KSL)
- Brian Mullahy(1993–94) Eyewitness News at Noon (KSL)
- Steve Eagar (1992–93) Eyewitness News at Noon (KSL)
|KSL Television 10pm Female Anchor
1994 – 2001
|KTVX Television 10pm Female Anchor
2002 – 2007
- List of Latter-day Saints
- List of famous Salt Lakers
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- KSL-TV Eyewitness News Team