Rwanda Stock Exchange
|Products||Stock trading services|
The Rwanda Stock Exchange (RSE), is Rwanda's principal stock exchange. It was founded in January 2011. The RSE is operated under the jurisdiction of Rwanda's Capital Market Authority (CMA), previously known as Capital Markets Advisory Council (CMAC), which in turn reports to the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning(MINECOFIN).
The exchange's doors opened for trading on 31 January 2011. That day coincided with the first day of trading in the stock of Rwanda's only brewery, Bralirwa, which trades under the symbol:BLR. The Rwanda Stock Exchange replaced the Rwanda Over The Counter Exchange that had been in operation since January 2008 with two companies listed, namely Kenya Commercial Bank (KCB) listed on 18 June 2009 and National Media Group (NMG) listed on 2 November 2010. Having successfully launched Bralirwa as its pioneer Initial Public Offering (IPO), RSE's second IPO was Bank of Kigali, launched on 31 June 2011.
In February 2011, the National Bank of Rwanda, the country's Central Bank, contracted Central Depository and Settlement Corporation (CDSC), a Kenyan company, to serve the Rwanda Stock Exchange for one year and to train Rwandan staff until Rwanda can start and operate its own securities registry.
On 7 December 2012, RSE launched the Rwanda Stock Exchange share Index, an independently calculated, rules-based, market capitalization weighted performance benchmark for Rwanda Stock Exchange's equities.
As of December 2012[update], the RSE trades four listed local and East African companies and also carries out trading of fixed income instruments. The exchange, which is open five days a week, is a member of the African Stock Exchanges Association. The RSE operates in close association with the Nairobi Stock Exchange in Kenya, the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange in Tanzania and the Uganda Securities Exchange in Uganda. There are plans are to integrate the four stock exchanges to form a single East African bourse.
As of October 2013[update]
|2.||KCB||Kenya Commercial Bank Group||Banking, Finance|
|3.||NMG||Nation Media Group||Publishing, Printing, Broadcasting, Television|
|4.||BOK||Bank of Kigali||Banking, Finance|
- Kenya Commercial Bank Group and Nation Media Group are primarily listed Nairobi Stock Exchange. They are crosslisted on the Rwanda Stock Exchange, the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and on the Uganda Securities Exchange.
- Uchumi Supermarkets is primarily listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange and is crosslisted on the Rwanda Stock Exchange and starting in 2014, on the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Economy of Rwanda
- List of stock exchanges
- List of African stock exchanges
- Nairobi Stock Exchange
- Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange
- Uganda Securities Exchange
- Rwanda Stock Exchange Opens For Business 31 January 2011
- Rwanda Stock Exchange Replaced Rwanda Over The Counter Exchange
- Listed Equities On Rwanda Stock Exchange
- Rwanda Stock Exchange Plans Second IPO
- Rwanda Contracts Kenya's CDSC For One Year
- Rwanda Stock Exchange Launchers Its First Index
- Equity And Bond Listings On Rwanda Stock Exchange
- Bank of Kigali To Launch IPO In Q3:2011
- Uchumi To Cross-List Shares In Rwanda
- KCB Group to list on All Four East African Securities Exchanges
- Nation Media Group Now Listed Across East Africa
- Uchumi Started To Trade on RSE In October 2013