|Born||July 5, 1964
Sumida, Tokyo, Japan
|Known for||Spriggan, D-Live!!, ARMS|
He was invited with Spriggan story writer Hiroshi Takashige to go to a comic convention in Portugal in 1996 as a guest of honor due to his work on Spriggan. He worked on other manga comics before he went on to create ARMS with fellow manga artist, Kyoichi Nanatsuki. His first name is sometimes transliterated as Ryouji.
He made his manga debut with HEAVEN in 1988. From 1991 to 1996, he worked with fellow artist Hiroshi Takashige in working on the 11 volumes of Spriggan. His work had brought him fame across North America and Europe. After work on Spriggan was complete, he went on to do Kyo in 1996, followed by the creation of ARMS from 1997-2002.
In 1999, he received the 44th Shogakukan Manga Awards in the shōnen category for ARMS. In 2003, he created D-Live!!. On December 2006, he had done work on a manga named S.O.L. He is currently attending to work on a new manga called Peacemaker, serializing in Ultra Jump. Subsequently, he has been working on another manga called ADAMAS, which had been serialized in Kodansha's Evening magazine.
He said in an interview that he was inspired to be a manga artist when he watched films made by George Lucas, Francis Ford Coppola and Steven Spielberg.
- HEAVEN (1988): Original creator, also his debut manga.
- Spriggan (1991–1996) : Art
- Kyo (1996): Original creator
- ARMS (1997-2002) : Original creator
- D-Live!! (2003–2006): Original creator
- S.O.L. (2006): Original creator
- Intruder: Original creator
- Peace Maker (manga) (2007): Original creator
- ADAMAS (2007): Original creator
- Project ARMS (TV: 2001) : Original creator
- Kiddy Grade (TV: 2002-2003) : Eyecatch Illustration (ep 14)
- Critical Blow (PlayStation): Character Designer
- Genei Tougi: Shadow Struggle (PlayStation): Character Designer
- Live A Live (SNES): Character Designer
- Project ARMS (PlayStation 2): Original Artist
- Spriggan: Lunar Verse (PlayStation): Original Creator
- Tekken 5 (PlayStation 2): Marshall Law Character Designer
- Tekken 6 (PlayStation 3, Xbox 360): Roger Jr. 3P Model Designer
- Tsukiyo ni Saraba (PlayStation 2): Character Designer
- Minagawa contributed an illustration for the Metal Gear Solid Premium Package edition released in Japan, which is featured in the Metal Gear Solid Classified booklet. The artwork depicts the six main members of FOXHOUND, the antagonists in the game.
- Seen in the back portion of the Striker Graphic Novel Volume 1.
- 『漫画家人名事典』 日外アソシエーツ、2003年、p.362、ISBN 978-4816917608
- "Shogakukan Manga Award". Archived from the original on 2008-01-24. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "No.8 2009年03月24日（火）発売" (in Japanese). Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "Interview with Ryoji Minagawa" (in Japanese). Shueisha. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- "皆川亮二" (in Japanese). Shogakukan. Retrieved 2011-03-24.
- Peter Van Huffel (2004-01-17). "Minagawa Ryouji 皆川亮二". Retrieved 2011-03-24.