|Born||Bang Hyun Sung
June 16, 1991
Seoul, South Korea
|Occupation||host, television personality, actor, singer|
|Agent||Star Magic (2010–present)|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Revised Romanization||Bang Hyeon-seong|
Bang Hyun Sung (Bang Hyun Sung, Hangul: 방현성, Hanja: 方縣成, born June 16, 1991), better known as simply Ryan Bang, is a Korean TV host, television personality, actor, comedian, singer and former reality show contestant who rose to fame in the Philippines when he joined the reality show Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash of 2010. His father is a taxi driver and his mother is a housewife. Ryan is an only child. He placed as the 2nd teen big placer on the show. He hosted his first show called 3ow Powhz! on Studio 23 channel that aired in late 2010 through to early 2011.
In May 2010, Ryan Bang entered the Big Brother house along with 10 other teenternational housemates when his Filipino friend encouraged him to join. After 56 days, he was able to garner enough votes to reach the final episode wherein he won the competition as the 2nd Teen Big Winner by getting 18.70% of the entire votes.
In May 2010, he entered the De La Salle University in Manila with the degree in Bachelor of Science in Business Management. He then left school for it overlaps with his show, It's Showtime. Before entering De La Salle University, he finished his high school in Reedley International School.
In August 2010, Bang became one of the judges in Showtime and stayed from August 16, 2010 up to October 8, 2011. He was eliminated on October 8, 2011, only to be saved by Hurado Dimples Romana, who self-evicted to allow Bang to stay but officially evicted. He is Showtime's longest staying judge at 48 weeks.
In the January 1, 2011 episode of Entertainment Live, he was named as one of the biggest breakthrough artists of 2010.
It was announced on May 24, 2011 that he released a new album entitled I Lilly Lilly Like It: Ryan Bang Party Party Hits!.
In 2012, Bang was guested in an afternoon drama Kung Ako Iiwan Mo.
In 2013, Ryan is also guested in a comedy sitcom Home Sweetie Home with co-stars John Lloyd Cruz & Toni Gonzaga, the same year, he hosted a comedy reality show called Eskwelahan Ni Ryan Bang formerly aired on Studio 23 (now ABS-CBN Sports+Action).
In 2014, Ryan currently hosted a newest comedy reality show Kaya Mo Bang: The Fudge Barr Adventures currently aired on ABS-CBN Sports+Action. The same year, Ryan is currently seen in a family drama Hawak-Kamay with a stellar cast.
|2014||Kaya Mo Bang!: The Fudgee Barr Adventures||Himself||ABS-CBN Sports+Action||Host|
|2014||Home Sweetie Home||ABS-CBN||Minor role|
|2013||EsKWELAhan ni Ryan Bang||Himself||Studio 23||Host|
|2012||Kung Ako'y Iiwan Mo||Leo||ABS-CBN||Guest (2 episodes)|
|2011||Junior MasterChef Pinoy Edition||Himself||ABS-CBN|
|2011||I Dare You||Himself||ABS-CBN||Challenger|
|2011||Happy, Yipee, Yehey||Himself||ABS-CBN||Referee|
|2010–2011||Shout Out||Himself||ABS-CBN||Member of Mondeerrifics group (on Monday)|
|2010–present||Banana Split||Himself||ABS-CBN||Various characters|
|2010–2011||3ow Powhz!||Himself||Studio 23||Host|
|2010-2011||It's Showtime (formerly Showtime)||Himself||ABS-CBN||Hurado; Longest running judge from Season 2 to Season 4|
|2010||Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash 2010||Himself||ABS-CBN||Housemate; 2nd Teen Big Placer|
|2012||Every Breath U Take||Ji-Sun||Star Cinema|
|Born To Love You||Cameo|
|Kimmy Dora and the Temple of Kiyeme||Young Luisito Go Dong Hae|
|Girl, Boy, Bakla, Tomboy||Jun Pyo|
|2014||Shake, Rattle & Roll 15: Flight 666||Passenger||Regal Entertainment|
|2011||I Lilly Lilly Like It: Ryan Bang Party Party Hits!|
Awards and recognitions
- Best Reality Game Show Hosts "The Whole It's Showtime Hosts" winner - 26th PMPC Star Awards For TV 2012
- Best Male Celebrity/Showbiz Oriented Talk Show Host - 26th PMPC Star Awards for TV 2012
- Celebrity Skin Of The Night winner - 26th PMPC Star Awards for TV 2012
- Biofresh Socks
- Fudgee Bar
- Shimmian Manila
Tax evasion charge
In January 2013, the Bureau of Internal Revenue filed a tax evasion complaint with the Department of Justice against Ryan Bang for failure to pay his 2010 and 2011 taxes. The Bureau of Internal Revenue stated that it was suing him for a tax liability amounting to Php 1.82 million, including surcharges and interests. In February 2013, Bang stated that he would like to make a personal appearance at the BIR in order to apologize for the incident. He was eager to resolve the case soonest, and made the excuse that he was but a high school student in 2010 and at that time he was unaware of his responsibility to the Philippine government in light of his earning income from the entertainment sector.
- Santos, Manila (October 2, 2010). "Ryan Bang gets his big break with a new show on Studio 23". ABS-CBN News.com. Retrieved October 24, 2010.
- Meniado, Krishna Belle (June 26, 2010). "Ryan as the 2nd Teen Big Placer". Pinoy Big Brother.com. Retrieved June 10, 2011.
- Siason, Rachelle (August 19, 2010). "Ryan Bang joins 'Showtime' as one of the celebrity judges". ABS-CBN News.com. Retrieved October 24, 2010.
- Philippine Entertainment Portal Inc. (December 6, 2010). "Ryan Bang will join Matanglawin starting December 5". PEP.ph. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- ABS-CBN News.com (May 24, 2011). "Ryan Bang releases first dance album". ABS-CBN News.com. Retrieved May 28, 2011.
- Avendaño, Christine O. (2013-02-01). "BIR goes after Korean TV host". Philippine Daily Inquirer. pp. A3. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Sanchez, Rowena Joy A. (2013-02-21). "Ryan Bang Eager To Resolve Tax Case ASAP". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 2013-04-21.
- Ryan Bang profile at Pinoy Big Brother: Teen Clash Edition 2010 website.