|Birth name||Ryan Kevin Beatty|
|Born||September 25, 1995|
|Origin||Clovis, CA, U.S.|
Ryan Kevin Beatty (born September 25, 1995) is an American singer. He was born in Clovis, California and now resides in Los Angeles. His debut EP, Because of You debuted at #1 on the iTunes Pop Charts & #7 on the Top 100 in 2012. Beatty's single, "Hey LA" was featured in a nationwide AT&T campaign against texting while driving. Beatty is currently working on his debut album due to release in 2014.
Since 2011, Ryan Beatty has consistently been one of the most-viewed artists on YouTube. He released his debut single "Every Little Thing" in November 2011, which reached #89 on the iTunes Pop Charts. Ryan Seacrest premiered Beatty's debut music video "Every Little Thing" on February 2, 2012, following good response from fans to the trailer.
Beatty went on to release his debut EP Because of You which premiered on Radio Disney on July 23, 2012 and was released to the public exclusively on iTunes on July 24, 2012. Within 24 hours of its release, Because of You landed in the #1 spot on the US Pop Album Charts and #7 spot on the Top Album Charts.
"Hey LA" was the lead single off of the EP and premiered on Radio Disney to positive response from fans. Entertainment Weekly exclusively premiered the music video for the song on September 3, 2012. The performance also received coverage from MTV.
Ryan spent the summer of 2013 touring as one of the opening acts on Cody Simpson's "Paradise Tour". His first headlining tour was scheduled for November 2013, but has since been postponed until 2014.
Appearances and projects
Showbiz Tonight, MTV News, CNN, Access Hollywood, Good Day LA, KTLA, Young Hollywood, RyanSeacrest.com, Billboard's The Beat, JoJo on the Radio on KIIS FM, Clevver TV, What's Trending LIVE, "Backstage at the Grammys" 2012 Radio Tour, AMP Radio, Rick Dees, Go Radio and Yahoo! Music and Teen.com
- Other projects
In 2012 Beatty was chosen to be one of the faces of AT&T’s national "It Can Wait" campaign to end texting and driving. Beatty’s PSA, which urges fans to take the pledge not to text and drive, is currently airing nationwide. In October 2012 Beatty used his music to empower teens to stand up to bullying. Beatty made surprise appearances at various schools to perform and raise awareness of teen bullying, while spreading the word of self-empowerment to teens.
In January 2013, Ryan continued his support of the "It Can Wait" campaign with a live performance and appearance in Chicago.
Awards, Features and Nominations
- 2011: Billboard Magazine – Named Beatty as #10 on the Next Big Sound chart featuring the fastest growing artists across social media
- 2011: PopStar! Magazine - named him one of the 12 new artists to look out for in 2012
- 2011: J-14 Magazine – Beatty was featured as their “Hot Guy of the Week”
- 2012: Teen Choice Awards – Choice Web Star – Nominated
- 2012: Named to Billboard's "21 Under 21"
- 2013: Teen Choice Awards - Choice Web Star - Nominated
- Ryan Beatty (TBA, due in 2014)
- Because of You (July 2012)
- Ryan Beatty (October 2013)
- "Every Little Thing" (November 2011)
- "Hey LA" (July 2012)
- "Chameleon" (October 2013)
- Blumenthal, Eli (2012-09-19). "AT&T launches campaign to stop texting and driving". USA Today. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Turner, Sadao (February 2, 2012). heartthrob-ryan-beatty-video/ "WORLD PREMIERE: Watch Debut Music Video from Teen Heartthrob Ryan Beatty". Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- "Celebrity Take with Jake: Celebrity Take with Ryan Beatty". Radio Disney. July 23, 2013. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Radio Disney (September 2, 2012). "Ryan Beatty Hey LA".
- Smith, Grady (September 2, 2012). "Watch YouTube Star Ryan Beatty's New Video "Hey LA" Right Here - Exclusive". Entertainment Weekly.
- Rubenstein, Jenna Hally (10/11/12). "Ryan Beatty Performs The NYC Version Of 'Hey L.A.' In Central Park, Melts Hearts Accordingly (VIDEO)". MTV Buzzworthy Blog. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- Rich DeMuro (August 15, 2012). "Pledge to Never Text and Drive". KTLA. Retrieved 2003-01-28.
- Lupiani, Joyce (OCT. 9, 2012). "Teen pop star brings anti-bullying message to local school". Las Vegas, Nevada: KTNV. Retrieved 28 January 2013.
- "Ryan Beatty Chats With Stylz & Roman About His Upcoming Chicago Show, Singing On A Plane". B96 Chicago. January 24, 2013.
- J-14 Magazine (May 27, 2011). "J-14's Hot Guy of the Week Ryan Beatty". Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Sharon Tharp (June 14, 2012). "YouTube Breakout Ryan Beatty Nominated for Choice Web Star at Teen Choice Awards". Ology. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Nick Williams and Chris Palermino (September 17, 2012). "21 Under 21: Ones to Watch 2012". Billboard. Retrieved 2013-01-28.
- Beatty, Ryan. "iTunes Music".