|Full name||Ryan Bird|
|Date of birth||15 November 1987|
|Place of birth||Slough, England|
|Height||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|2013||→ Havant & Waterlooville (loan)||3||(0)|
|2014||→ Cambridge United (loan)||9||(4)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18:10, 19 September 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Bird began his footballing career at Burnham's academy, and was promoted to first team in December 2004. His main position was firstly a central defender, but later moved to a more forward role, establishing himself as a striker. As a part-time footballer, he was also an electrician.
In 2010–11, Bird scored 24 goals and finished the season as the club's topscorer. He signed a new contract with Burnham in June 2011. In 2012–13, Bird scored an impressive mark of 45 goals in 45 matches (41 league goals in 39 matches), being again topscorer as Burnham was crowned champions. At the end of the season, Bird secured two trials at Wycombe Wanderers and Portsmouth. He was also asked to return in pre-season training.
Bird returned to Portsmouth on a trial basis in early June. On 9 July, he scored twice in a friendly match against Havant & Waterlooville. On the 22nd, Bird revealed on his Twitter account that he had signed a contract with Pompey. A day later, the deal was officially announced, with Bird signing a one-year deal.
Bird made his Portsmouth debut on 6 August, in a 0–1 away defat against Bournemouth. He was handed his first start on 3 September, in a 0–0 away draw against Torquay for the season's League Trophy. On 19 September, Bird joined Havant & Waterlooville in a one-month loan deal. After appearing three times with the Hawks, he returned to Pompey.
Bird scored his first professional goal on 26 October, in a 1–1 away draw against Torquay. He netted twice in his first league start in the following weekend, in a 3–2 home win over Exeter City. Bird joined Cambridge United on loan on 24 January, and scored twice in the first 16 minutes on his debut against Dartford in the following day. He was instrumental in sending Cambridge to the FA Trophy final for the first time in their history, scoring all three goals over two legs against Grimsby in the semi-finals. Bird scored the first goal in the FA Trophy final tie against Gosport Borough in a 4–0 win at Wembley Stadium.
Bird was recalled by Portsmouth on 27 March, and left the U's after scoring nine goals. However, a groin injury took him out of the season's finale at Pompey, but the club did exercise the one-year extension on his contract on 9th May.
Following his release by Portsmouth, Bird re-signed for Cambridge United on 1 September 2014 on a permanent deal following a spell on loan during the 2013/14 season.
- As of 16 August 2014
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other1||Total|
|Havant & Waterlooville (loan)||2013–14||3||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||3||0|
|Cambridge United (loan)||2013–14||9||5||0||0||0||0||4||4||13||9|
2 Including all matches since 2004.
- "List of Players under Written Contract Registered Between 01/07/2011 and 31/07/2011". The FA. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "@Ryan7Bird's tweet". Twitter. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- "Pompey set to run rule over triallists". Portsmouth News. Retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Ryan Bird conversion gives Burnham FC lift off; Berkshire News, 29 November 2012
- Bird: Goals will come; Portsmouth News, 4 September 2013
- Burnham FC delight as Bird signs new contract; Maidenhead Advertiser, 2 June 2011
- Ryan Bird targets professional deal after Burnham FC title win; Slough Observer, 29 April 2013
- Hawks 0 Pompey 5; Portsmouth FC, 9 July 2013
- Bird signs contract with Pompey; Portsmouth News, 22 July 2013
- Pompey Swoop For Bird; Portsmouth FC, 23 July 2013
- Bournemouth 1–0 Portsmouth; BBC Sport, 6 August 2013
- Pompey swoop for Marquis; Portsmouth FC, 19 September 2013
- Torquay 1–1 Portsmouth; BBC Sport, 26 October 2013
- Portsmouth 3–2 Exeter; BBC Sport, 2 November 2013
- Transfer window: Cambridge sign Ryan Bird and Josh Gillies;BBC Sport, 25 January 2014
- Dartford 3–3 Cambridge United; BBC Sport, 25 January 2014
- United Into FA Trophy Final; Cambridge United Official Web Site, 22 February 2014
- Ryan Bird Recalled; Cambridge United FC, 27 March 2014
- Bird leaves Blues; Portsmouth FC, 1 September 2014