Ryan Block at GDC 2009
|Born||June 25, 1982|
|Known for||Engadget, gdgt|
Block joined technology news website Engadget as a part-time reporter in June 2004, and started full-time in June 2005. He went on to replace the site's creator Peter Rojas as editor-in-chief in 2007. On May 16, 2007, Block posted a leaked internal email from Apple in which it was revealed that the iPhone and Mac OS X Leopard would both be delayed. The email was later confirmed as fake by Apple PR, but it was reported that its posting by Engadget took $4 billion off Apple's market cap. Block has since noted that the approximate $4b market cap drop was almost immediately pushed back up after he posted that the email was forged.
In July 2008 Block posted on Engadget that he would be stepping down as editor-in-chief to create a new company, leaving then Associate Editor Joshua Topolsky in charge. On 1 July 2009, using $550,000 in initial seed financing received from Betaworks and True Ventures, Block and Rojas launched gdgt; a discussion forum that generates reviews and answers questions about thousands of gadgets. In November of 2013, gdgt was merged with Engadget. 
In July 2014, Block and his wife attempted to disconnect their Comcast service over the telephone and were repeatedly blocked by the Comcast representative in a call which lasted 18 minutes. The last 8 minutes of this phone call was recorded by Block and posted to Reddit, immediately going viral across the internet. The next day Comcast personally apologized.
- Boutin, Paul (2010-04-03). "Gadget guru: We can’t know yet what’s best about iPad". VentureBeat. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- Mumm, Chad (2010-04-24). "The Engadget Show Live! With roboticist Dr. Dennis Hong, Ryan Block, Rick Karr, and more!". Engadget. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- Collardeau, Thomas (2008-01-08). "Interview with Engadget’s Ryan Block". ontheinside.info. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Rosmarin, Rachel (2007-12-18). "The Gadget Guru". Forbes. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Ewalt, David (2007-12-18). "In Pictures: The Web Celeb 25". Forbes. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Block, Ryan (2007-05-17). "Regarding yesterday's Apple news". Engadget. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Talk:Ryan Block (356924945), April 19, 2010
- Block, Ryan (2008-07-22). "Some news from the editor's desk". Engadget. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Arrington, Michael (2009-07-01). "GDGT Launches For Non Stop Gadget Action". Techcrunch. Retrieved 2010-03-27.
- Vascellaro, Jessica (2010-04-07). "Gdgt Raises New Financing with New Concept". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- Block, Ryan. "Engadget is getting a whole lot bigger: profiles, forums, product database, and so much more!". Retrieved 10 December 2013.
- Topolsky, Joshua (2010-04-23). "The Engadget Show returns this Saturday, April 24th with roboticist Dr. Dennis Hong, Ryan Block, and much more!". Engadget. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- Veronica Belmont fun facts from Mahalo
- Stampler, Laura (15 July 2014). "Recording of Man’s Attempt to Cancel Comcast Will Drive You Insane". Time. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Block.|