Ryan Brown (footballer)
|Full name||Ryan Anthony Brown|
|Date of birth||15 March 1985|
|Place of birth||Stoke-on-Trent, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Current club||Leek Town|
|2010||→ Altrincham (loan)||17||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Starting his professional career with Port Vale in 2003, he played 44 first team games before being released not long after his 20th birthday. He spent a season with Leek Town before he switched to Northwich Victoria. He spent four years with Victoria, before switching to Altrincham in 2010. He switched to Stafford Rangers in January 2012 before making his return to Leek Town in November 2013.
Signed up to the Port Vale youth team since age nine, he made his senior debut for the club against Bristol City on 3 May 2003, and turned professional at Vale Park under Brian Horton three months later. After a further 41 appearances in league and cup games he was released by manager Martin Foyle in May 2005 after slipping below Craig James in the first team pecking order.
Following a season in the Northern Premier League Premier Division with Leek Town, he was signed by Conference National newcomers Northwich Victoria in June 2006. In April 2008 he signed a two-year extension to his contract. However he was soon transfer listed and told he had no future at the club, though in October 2008 the club's leadership changed their mind on this matter. At the end of the season Victoria were relegated back into the Conference North.
With Northwich facing expulsion to the Northern Premier League, in February 2010 Brown joined Conference club Altrincham on loan, and the switch was made permanent in the summer. He suffered relegation with the club at the end of the 2010–11 season, which left both he and the club in the Conference North for the 2011–12 campaign. Outside of football, he worked as an engineer in his native Stoke.
He re-signed with Leek Town, now in the Northern Premier League Division One South, in November 2013.
- "Search 1984 to 2006 – Birth, Marriage and Death indexes". Findmypast.com. Retrieved 12 August 2010.
- "Vale to unleash teenager". BBC Sport. 1 August 2003. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Vale boss Foyle releases quintet". BBC sport. 9 May 2005. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Northwich recruit defender Brown". BBC Sport. 22 June 2006. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Maamria hands Brown new contract". BBC Sport. 29 April 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- "Vics take five off transfer list". BBC Sport. 3 October 2008. Retrieved 12 May 2009.
- Simpson, Andrew (27 May 2010). "Defender Ryan Brown makes move to Altrincham a permanent one". Northwich Guardian. Retrieved 19 August 2010.
- "First Team". altrinchamfc.co.uk. Retrieved 28 November 2011.
- "Stafford Rangers 0 Hednesford Town 1". staffordrangersfc.co.uk. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Ex-Port Vale defender Ryan Brown joins Leek Town's promotion push". The Sentinel. 8 November 2013. Retrieved 10 November 2013.