Ryan Murray playing for the Blue Jackets in 2013
September 27, 1993 |
White City, SK, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 2012
Columbus Blue Jackets
On November 16, 2012, Murray injured his shoulder during a game with the Silvertips. He would later undergo shoulder surgery and missed the rest of the WHL season (also making him unavailable for NHL play).
Murray played his first NHL game on October 4th 2013 versus Calgary Flames.
Ryan Murray as a member of Team Canada at the 2012 IIHF World Championship.
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
Murray participated at the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships held in Calgary and Edmonton and won the bronze medal.
Murray became the first draft eligible player to represent Team Canada at the World Championships in many years. Murray is the second youngest Team Canada player to play in the tournament (the youngest was Paul Kariya in 1993).
Regular season and playoffs
|2013–14||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||66||4||17||21||10||5||0||1||1||0|
Awards and honours
- 2011 IIHF World U18 Championships – First Team All-Star
- 2012 NHL Central Scouting Final Draft Rankings – Ranked second among North American skaters
- "Blue Jackets prospect Ryan Murray undergoes successful shoulder surgery". Columbus Blue Jackets. January 10, 2013.
- "Blue Jackets top Maple Leafs for third straight win". Columbus Blue Jackets. October 25, 2013.
- "Murray added to Canadian roster at World Hockey Championship". The Sports Network. 2012-04-01. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Prospects report from World Under 18's".[dead link]
- "2010 NHL Central Scouting rankings". National Hockey League. 2012-06-10. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Columbus Blue Jackets first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|