Ryan Murray playing for the Blue Jackets in 2013
September 27, 1993 |
White City, SK, CAN
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||198 lb (90 kg; 14 st 2 lb)|
|NHL team||Columbus Blue Jackets|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 2012
Columbus Blue Jackets
On November 16, 2012, Murray injured his shoulder during a game with the Silvertips. He would later undergo shoulder surgery and missed the rest of the WHL season (also making him unavailable for NHL play).
Murray played his first NHL game on October 4th 2013 versus Calgary Flames.
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
Murray participated at the 2012 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships held in Calgary and Edmonton and won the bronze medal.
Murray became the first draft eligible player to represent Team Canada at the World Championships in many years. Murray is the second youngest Team Canada player to play in the tournament (the youngest was Paul Kariya in 1993).
Awards and honours
- 2011 IIHF World U18 Championships – First Team All-Star
- 2012 NHL Central Scouting Final Draft Rankings – Ranked second among North American skaters 
Regular season and playoffs
- "Blue Jackets prospect Ryan Murray undergoes successful shoulder surgery". Columbus Blue Jackets. January 10, 2013.
- "Blue Jackets top Maple Leafs for third straight win". Columbus Blue Jackets. October 25, 2013.
- Murray added to Canadian roster at World Hockey Championship
- http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/markseidel/2011/04/prospects-report-from-world-under-18s.html. Missing or empty
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Ryan Murray's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Columbus Blue Jackets first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|