Robinson playing for Bath City in 2010
|Full name||Ryan Robinson|
|Date of birth||13 October 1982|
|Place of birth||Kendal, England|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2006–2007||→ Southport (loan)||16||(0)|
|2007–2009||Forest Green Rovers||69||(0)|
|2011–2012||A.F.C. Telford United||0||(0)|
|2011||Evesham United (dual registration)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:47, 10 May 2010 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Kendal, Cumbria, Robinson began his career with Blackburn Rovers, before being released in 2001, aged 20. He joined Southend United, where he got his first taste of first-team action, playing in two Football League games. He was released by Southend after one year, and has since played for a number of Conference clubs – Morecambe, Southport and, since 2006, Forest Green.
Robinson moved near to his family home when he joined Morecambe. He quickly made the goalkeeper jersey his own through a series of excellent displays. However, after being injured Morecambe brought in loan keeper Steven Drench from nearby Blackburn Rovers. Drench similarly excelled and took Robinson's first-team spot.
Following an injury to Drench, Robinson again took his place as first team goalkeeper. However a poor game, which included a spat with his team-mate Chris Blackburn saw him spend the remainder of the season on the bench. At the end of the 2005–06 season Drench signed for Morecambe and Robinson, unhappy at playing second fiddle, was allowed to leave and was quickly snapped up by former Morecambe manager Jim Harvey who had just taken over at Forest Green Rovers.
Robinson struggled for fitness for the early part of the 2009–10 season with Bath however after shaking off a back problem he began to feature regularly for Bath including a 2–1 FA Cup second round defeat to his former side, Forest Green in November 2009.
In May 2010, Robinson kept a clean sheet in the Conference South play-off final to help earn Bath City promotion to the Conference National with a 1–0 victory over Woking. Following a season back in the top flight of non-league football, Robinsonw was released at the end of the 2010–11 season.
Robinson featured as a triallist in a game for Cheltenham Town against Cirencester Town on 9 July 2011 however was not in contention to win a contract as Cheltenham boss Mark Yates already had a signing lined up ahead of Robinson. He also featured again as a triallist with Worcester City in July 2011 in a game against Pershore Town.
In August 2011, Robinson made his debut for Evo Stik Southern Premier Division club Evesham United in a game against Oxford City. Robinson also joined Conference side, AFC Telford United in September 2011 as a backup goalkeeper on non-contract terms. He was released by the club in May 2012.
- Bath City
- Conference South Play-off Winner: 1
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2004). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2004/2005. Queen Anne Press. p. 350. ISBN 1-85291-660-5.
- "Window of opportunity: the Premiership's arrivals and departures this summer". The Independent. 2 September 2003.
- "Kempson agrees new Shrimps deal". BBC Sport. 25 May 2005.
- "Robinson makes Forest Green move". BBC Sport. 5 January 2007.
- "Darren Jones and Ryan Robinson leave but Terry Burton set to stay with Forest Green Rovers". Gloucestershire Gazette. 28 May 2011.
- "FA Cup Second Round preview: Bath City v Forest Green Rovers". 27 November 2009.
- "Bath City 1–2 Forest Green Rovers". BBC Sport.
- "Bath City 1–0 Woking". BBC Sport. 9 May 2010.
- "Ex-Rovers keeper helps out Robins". 9 July 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Heeley looks at Euro experience". Worcester News. 21 July 2011.
- "Evesham United 0–1 Oxford City". 28 August 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "AFC Telford complete deal for striker Chris Sharp". 31 August 2011. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Bucks start rebuild for 2013". AFC Telford United. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 4 May 2012.
- "Mutch continues squad building with capture of custodian Robinson". Northwich Victoria FC.