Strome as a member of Team Canada at the 2012 World Junior Championships
July 11, 1993 |
Mississauga, ON, CAN
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||183 lb (83 kg; 13 st 1 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
|New York Islanders
Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL)
|NHL Draft||5th overall, 2011
New York Islanders
Ryan Strome (born July 11, 1993) is a Canadian ice hockey Forward who is currently playing for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect for the New York Islanders of the National Hockey League.
Playing career 
Strome was initially selected 8th overall in the 2009 OHL Priority Selection by the Barrie Colts after playing for the Toronto Minor Marlboros in the GTHL. In 2010 he was traded to the Niagara IceDogs. During the 2010–11 season, Strome dominated offensively compiling 106 points in just 65 games. He was named as the OHL Player of the Month in January and selected to the OHL Second All-Star Team at years end. Upon eligibility he was selected in the first round, fifth overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the New York Islanders. In addition, he was drafted 111th overall by Amur Khabarovsk in the 2011 KHL Junior Draft.
Career statistics 
Regular season and playoffs 
|2012–13||Bridgeport Sound Tigers||AHL||10||2||5||7||4||—||—||—||—||—|
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
|Junior int'l totals||18||9||9||18||22|
Awards and honours 
|Second All-Star Team||2011|||
- "OHL 2009 Draft". Ontario Hockey League. 2009-06-02. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "IceDogs acquire highly touted Strome". oursportscentral.com. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2010-06-01.
- "Strome named OHL player of the month for January". Niagara IceDogs. 2011-02-01. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "OHL announces 2011 All-Star Teams". Ontario Hockey League. 2011-05-15. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- Ryan Strome's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Ryan Strome's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Ryan Strome's profile on NiagaraIceDogs.net
|Awards and achievements|
|New York Islanders first round pick
|This biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|