Ryan Williams (footballer born 1993)
Williams playing for Oxford United in 2013
|Full name||Ryan Dale Williams|
|Date of birth||28 October 1993|
|Place of birth||Subiaco, Perth, Australia|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Current club||Oxford United
(on loan from Fulham)
|2013||→ Gillingham (loan)||0||(0)|
|2013–||→ Oxford United (loan)||20||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 12:18, 12 February 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Perth, Australia, Williams is the son of a mother that originates from Mumbai, India and a father that was born in Kent, England, Williams was brought up in a footballing family. Both older brother Rhys Williams (currently at Middlesbrough) and twin brother Aryn Williams (formerly at Burnley) are plying their trade in England. The brothers all started their careers at ECU Joondalup before moving to England.
Williams joined Portsmouth in July 2010, signing a scholarship with the clubs' academy side. There were initial issues concerning international clearance, with the FFA (Football Federation Australia) failing to release vital paperwork to allow Williams to play, but this was eventually resolved on 12 November. He played his first match for Portsmouth in 6 August 2010, in a friendly against Farnborough. His first competitive academy match for Portsmouth was a 4–1 loss to Chelsea.
Williams was promoted to training with Steve Cotterill's first-team upon returning for the 2011–12 season. This cumulated with Williams' making his first appearance with the first-team in a 4–0 win over Havant & Waterlooville, in which he produced a lively display, contributing an assist. He went on to feature against Chelsea and travelled to the USA with the first-team. Cotterill indicated that he was ready to promote Williams to the Portsmouth first-team squad, and Williams was selected to be on the bench for the Championship match against Middlesbrough with the 17 jersey.
He made his professional début in the opening-day match against Middlesbrough, on 6 August 2011, after he came off the bench to replace Hermann Hreiðarsson in the 63rd minute, playing against his older brother Rhys, who scored in the match.
On 31 January 2012, Fulham announced the transfer deadline day signing of Williams from Portsmouth for an undisclosed fee, having impressed during a reserve game against Wolverhampton Wanderers the previous night.
Oxford United (loan)
On 3 August 2013, Williams joined Oxford United on loan until 1 January 2014, and made his debut against Portsmouth at Fratton Park. He scored his first senior goal on 28 September 2013 in a League Two win over Hartlepool United. On 19 December 2013, Fulham agreed to extend his loan deal until the end of the season.
- As of 17 November 2013.
|England||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Europe||Other 1||Total|
|2012–13||Gillingham (loan)||League Two||0||0||–||–||–||–||0||0|
|2013–14||Oxford United (loan)||League Two||11||3||1||0||1||0||–||1||0||5||3|
- 1Includes other competitive competitions, including the Football League Trophy..
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists". Premier League. 4 September 2012.
- "Introducing Rhys Williams". Middlesbrough F.C. Retrieved 2009-05-31.
- Pompey Unveil New Scholars Portsmouth F.C.
- Aussie trio on target for Pompey Portsmouth.co.uk
- The FA: Player Regitrations The FA.com
- Pompey ease to friendly victory at Farnbrough Portsmouth.co.uk
- Pompey Academy 1 Chelsea Academy 4 Portsmouth
- Hawks 0 Pompey 4 Portsmouth
- Pompey 0 Chelsea 1 Portsmouth
- Young Bluews duo are coming to America Portsmouth.co.uk
- Winger Williams is no loan ranger Portsmouth.co.uk
- Blues ready to fast track Aussie Portsmouth.co.uk
- Middlesbrough vs. Portsmouth BBC Sport
- Aussie ace set for Boro bow Portsmouth.co.uk
- "Middlesbrough 2–2 Portsmouth". BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 August 2011.
- "Ryan Williams Joins FFC". Fulham FC. Retrieved 31 January 2012.
- "Williams Signs On Loan". Gillingham FC. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Fulham recall Williams from Gills". Kent News. Retrieved 5 March 2013.
- "Williams Signs". Oxford United. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Portsmouth v Oxford Utd". BBC Sport. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 3 August 2013.
- "Hartlepool 1-3 Oxford Utd". BBC Sport. 28 September 2013. Retrieved 13 December 2013.
- "Ryan Williams To Stay". Oxford United FC. 19 December 2013. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- "Games played by Ryan Williams". SoccerBase. 17 November 2013. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ryan Williams (footballer born 1993).|