Rydens Enterprise School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)|
|Head Teacher||Mrs N Knight|
|Location||Hersham Road, Hersham,
|DfE URN||137137 Tables|
|Houses||Claremont, Hampton, Richmond and Windsor|
|Colours||Yellow, Red, Green, Blue
|Website||R E S|
RES or Rydens Enterprise School is a mixed, secondary school situated on Hersham Road, between Hersham and Walton-on-Thames in Surrey, England. The school has been awarded Specialist Business and Enterprise College status.
The school runs a system of four houses named after local areas; Claremont, Hampton, Richmond and Windsor. Claremont was the first house to win sports day, as well as the house point cup, since the house system was introduced. Richmond currently hold the Sports Day (2013). The school logo represents each of the houses; a stag on the green background for Claremont, a swan on the blue background for Hampton, a lion on the red background for Richmond and a hawk on the yellow background for Windsor.
The school's official motto is "believe, achieve, succeed".
Change from "Rydens School" to "RES"
Following an Ofsted inspection in 2009, the school was rated 'Good with Outstanding Features' and became eligible to become a new style Academy. The governors and Head Teacher decided to move forward with the change of status and opted to rename at the same time. The Rydens name remained, but the abbreviation RES became the official name, standing for Rydens Enterprise School. The school opened as RES for the 2011 Autumn term and was officially opened by local MP Dominic Raab.
RES Sixth Form College
RES Sixth Form College is the school's Sixth Form. The School runs a highly successful and improving sixth form, whose annual Rag Week is a highlight of the school calendar, with the last Rag Week held in October 2012, raising £2,448, split between Surrey Air Ambulance and Heavenly Stars. The Sixth form has had three of its graduates to eventually go on and study at Oxbridge, with this year a further one having received a conditional offer.
- Monte Lynch – Surrey and England cricketer
- Stuart Hazeldine – Film writer and director
- Jimmy Pursey – Punk Rock singer
- Max Clifford – Publicist
- Luke Shaw - Professional football player for Manchester United and England
- Matt Barnes – You Me At Six Bassist
- Chris Rose – Wildlife artist
- Edward Highmore – Actor
- "Establishment: Rydens Enterprise School and Sixth Form College". DfE/Edubase. Retrieved 5/1/2012. Check date values in:
- "R E S". rydens.surrey.sch.uk. Retrieved 5 January 2012.
- "RES Grand Opening". rydens.surrey.sch.uk. 7 September 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2012.