Rye Neck High School
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Rye Neck High School|
|300 Hornidge Rd
Mamaroneck, New York, (Westchester County), 10543
|School type||Public, High School|
|School district||Rye Neck Union Free School District|
|NCES District ID||3625290|
|NCES School ID||362529003496|
|Faculty||39.11 (on an FTE basis)|
|Grades||9 to 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.64|
|Schedule||September to June|
Black and Columbia Blue
|Feeder schools||Rye Neck Middle School|
Rye Neck High School is a public secondary school located in the Village of Mamaroneck, New York within the Town of Rye, New York. It is part of the Rye Neck Union Free School District and is connected to Rye Neck Middle School.
- Rye Neck High School was ranked #97 on Newsweek's 2005 list of the Best High Schools in America.
- Rye Neck High School was second runner-up for USA Weekend's 2007 "Showstopper Contest" for best high school musical, with their performance of Thoroughly Modern Millie. This beat out over 700 other entries.
- Four students from Rye Neck High School competed on The Challenge on News12 Westchester.
- Rye Neck Varsity Boys Soccer '09-'10 have won the Section 1 Class B Championship with a 3 to 1 victory over Edgemont but fell to 2-1 loss in their Regional Final, which was the farthest they have been in over a decade.
- Rye Neck Varsity Boys Soccer '10-'11 made it all the way to sectional finals(class B) for the 3rd year in a row...after losing 11 seniors their previous year in the run to the Regional Finals.
- Rye Neck's High School Mock trial team has won numerous state championships and regional championships in recent years.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Rye Neck Union Free School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Rye Neck Senior High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- "Rye Neck High School". Rye Neck Schools. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Kantrowitz, Barbara (May 16, 2005). "The 100 Best High Schools in America". Newsweek. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- "Rye Neck's Millie given national honor", The Journal News
- Truitt, Brian (August 12, 2007). "2007 USA WEEKEND shines a spotlight on extraordinary high school productions across the country!". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2011. "2007 Showstopper runners-up... Thoroughly Modern Millie Rye Neck High School Mamaroneck, N.Y. Submitted by Patricia Rinello"