Rye Neck Union Free School District
|Rye Neck Union Free School District|
|Type and location|
|Grades||Kindergarten to 12|
|Location||310 Hornidge Road, Mamaroneck (Westchester County) New York 10543|
|Superintendent||Peter J. Mustich|
|Budget||$34,490,000 (2009-2010 school year)|
|NCES District ID||3625290.|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||112.44 (on an FTE basis)|
The Rye Neck Union Free School District is the school district created to serve the public education needs of parts of Mamaroneck and Rye, New York.
Rye Neck's district has four schools located on three different campuses, the middle and high schools being attached.
Rye Neck is known for its up-to-date technology in the classrooms, such as interactive whiteboards in every room, and its fully fiber optic network, provided by Optimum Lightpath, connecting every computer in the four schools. All are Schools of Excellence. The elementary school, F.E. Bellows, which teaches grades three through five, was named a Blue Ribbon School in 2009, one of 314 schools so honored across the country. Rye Neck High School was ranked #97 on Newsweek's 2005 list of the Best High Schools in America. The Rye Neck Theatre Program is known for its award-winning musicals. The director, Patricia Rinello, has been with the Rye Neck Theatre program for over 30 years and has won multiple awards and nominations for her outstanding direction. The most notable example is the 2007 production of Thoroughly Modern Millie for which they received second runner up in USA Weekend's "Showstopper Contest" for best high school musical, beating out over 700 other entries from around the country.
The school district comprises two elementary schools serving grades K-5:
- Daniel Warren Elementary School for grades K to 2
- F. E. Bellows Elementary School for grades 3 to 5
There is one middle school serving grades 6-8:
- Rye Neck Middle School
And one high school serving grades 9-12:
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Rye Neck Union Free School District". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved Aug 5, 2011.
- Ali, Aman (December 21, 2009). "Rye neck school celebrates Blue Ribbon award". The Journal News / Lohud.com. Retrieved August 2, 2011.
- Kantrowitz, Barbara (May 16, 2005). "The 100 Best High Schools in America". Newsweek. Retrieved July 29, 2011.
- Truitt, Brian (August 12, 2007). "2007 USA WEEKEND shines a spotlight on extraordinary high school productions across the country!". USA Today. Retrieved July 30, 2011. "2007 Showstopper runners-up... Thoroughly Modern Millie Rye Neck High School Mamaroneck, N.Y. Submitted by Patricia Rinello"
|This New York (state) school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|