Ryszard Engelking (born 1935) is a Polish mathematician. He was working mainly on general topology and dimension theory. He is author of several influential monographs in this field. In addition to research papers authored just by himself, he also published jointly with Kazimierz Kuratowski, Roman Sikorski, Aleksander Pełczyński and others.
- R. Engelking (1968). Outline of General Topology. translated from Polish. North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- R. Engelking (1977). General Topology. PWN, Warsaw.
- R. Engelking (1978). Dimension Theory. North-Holland, Amsterdam.
- R. Engelking (1989). General Topology. Revised and completed edition. Heldermann Verlag, Berlin.
- R. Engelking (1995). Theory of Dimensions: Finite and Infinite. Heldermann Verlag, Berlin.
- ^ Instytut Historii Nauki, Oświaty i Techniki (Polska Akademia Nauki (1980). Kwartalnik historii nauki i techniki (in Polish). Panstwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe. p. 704. Retrieved 12 June 2011.
External links