Sólrun Løkke Rasmussen
|Sólrun Jákupsdóttir Løkke Rasmussen|
|Spouse of the
Prime Minister of Denmark
5 April 2009 – 3 October 2011
|Prime Minister||Lars Løkke Rasmussen|
|Preceded by||Anne-Mette Rasmussen|
|Succeeded by||Stephen Kinnock|
|Born||Sólrun Jákupsdóttir Petersen
22 November 1968
Klaksvík, Faroe Islands
Early life and family
Rasmussen was born Sólrun Jákupsdóttir on 22 November 1968 in Klaksvík, Faroe Islands. She is the daughter of chief physician Jákup Petersen and lecturer Bergljót av Skarði. Her mother's parents were the Tjóðveldi politician Sigurd Joensen and the writer Sigrið av Skarði, who was the daughter of the Faroese folk educationist and poet Símun av Skarði.
Rasmussen moved from the Faeroe Islands to Denmark to study medicine. After her marriage to Lars Løkke Rasmussen and the birth of their children, Rasmussen ended her pre-medical training. Rasmussen and her husband have 3 children.
From 1998 to 2005, Rasmussen was a city council member for Græsted-Gilleleje, representing the Venstre Party . Beginning in 2001, Rasmussen studied education at Zahles Seminarian, earning a Teaching Certification in 2005. Since 2005, Rasmussen has taught English, mathematics, physics and natural science at the Royal Danish Theatre's Laeseskolen in Copenhagen.
Her husband assumed the position of Prime Minister on April 5, 2009. When he was elected, there was some controversy in the Danish media over Sólrun Løkke Rasmussen's proper title. Rasmussen was sometimes described as "Førstedame" (First Lady), rather than Statsministerfrue (Wife of the Prime Minister), although Queen Margrethe II as head of state was considered Denmark's official first lady.
In 2009, Rasmussen returned to politics and was elected to a council seat in Gribskov municipality for the Venstre Party. In October 2009, she visited Liberia where she met with Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf as representative for the Danish Refugee Council.
- Trine Munk Pedersen (April 5, 2009). "Portræt: Danmarks nye førstedame". Berlingske. Berlingske Media.
- Jeppe Laursen Brock (April 5, 2009). "Løkkes familie: Vi misunder ham ikke". Politiken (in Danish). Retrieved 8 April 2009.
- *"Sådan er Danmarks nye førstedame" (in Danish). TV 2. April 6, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-08.
- "Sólrun - Danmarks nye førstedame", Kristeligt Dagblad, April 7, 2009
- Danielsen , Rikke, (April 10, 2009). "Interview: Hunden får mere opmærksomhed end Lars" (in Danish). sondagsavisen a/s. Retrieved 2009-04-010.
- "Løkkes kones store frygt: Lars Løkke som statsminister". B.T. (in Danish) (Berlingske Media). March 22, 2009. Retrieved 8 April 2009.
- "Mød Danmarks nye førstedame Sólrun", Interview, TV2, (tv2.dk), April 5, 2009
- Thomsen, Per Bang, "Førstedame. Hedder det det i Danmark?", Jyllands-Posten, April 4, 2009
- Her er Danmarks nye førstedame - og hun gider det ikke, B.T. (Berlinske Tidende), April 4, 2009
- "Sólrun Løkke tilbage i kommunalpolitik", Dagbladet Børsen, 26 August 2009
- Michael Frank Møller, "Sólrun Løkke Rasmussen: Mindre tid til børnene ", Se og Hør, 18 November 2009
- "Statsministerfruen besøger Liberia, Kristeligt Dagblad, 14 October 2009