Sōja Station building (2005-10-09).
Sōja Station looking toward Bitchū-Takahashi Station (2006-07-22).
Sōja Station looking toward Kurashiki Station (2006-07-22).
Sōja Station (総社駅 Sōja-eki) is a station jointly operated by JR West and Ibara Railway on the Hakubi, Kibi, and Ibara Lines. The station is in Kiyone, Kami-Nakajima, Sōja, Okayama Prefecture, Japan. Sōja Station is the terminus of the Kibi Line, and the beginning of the Ibara Line.
- 1925-02-17: Higashi-Sōja Stations open
- 1959-11-01: Higashi-Sōja Station is renamed to Sōja Station
- 1987-04-01: Japanese National Railways is privatized, and Sōja Station becomes a JR West station
- 1999-01-11: Ibara Railway's Ibara Line opens with service connecting Sōja and Kannabe Stations
- Spring 2007: Automatic ticket gates will be installed
- Summer 2007: The ICOCA card is scheduled to be accepted
Station building and platforms
Sōja Station has two platforms capable of handling six lines simultaneously. Each platform has an upper (上り, nobori) and lower end (下り, kudari). Hakubi Line trains occasionally use platform three.
The Sōja city offices, the Tenmaya Happy Town Ribu Sōja Store, and the Calpis Okayama Plant are near Sōja Station.
- JR West Hakubi Line
- Kiyone Station — Sōja Station — Gōkei Station
- Ibara Railways Ibara Line
- (line begins) Sōja Station — Kiyone Station
- Kibi Line
- Higashi-Sōja Station — Sōja Station (end of line)
Coordinates: 34°40′25″N 133°44′17″E / 34.673629°N 133.738096°E