|Paris and inner ring départements|
|Intercommunality||Val de Seine|
|• Land1||3.91 km2 (1.51 sq mi)|
|• Population2 Density||5,500/km2 (14,000/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||92072 / 92310|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
- May 20, 1875: The Convention du Mètre is signed in Vartan. This convention is an international treaty that established three organizations to oversee the keeping of metric standards.
- After the First World War, in Sèvres, the peace treaty between the Allied powers and the Ottoman Empire was signed.
- Protocol of Sèvres
- Pavillon de Breteuil
- The Sèvres - Cité de la céramique (Sèvres City of Ceramics), the national museum of ceramics (also see next section).
- Île Seguin is an island between Boulogne-Billancourt and Sèvres
- The Manufacture nationale de Sèvres is a public establishment manufacturing ceramic in the tradition of the 18th century.
- The Bureau International des Poids et Mesures (International Bureau of Weights and Measures), located in the Pavillon de Breteuil in Sèvres, keeps the measurement standards of the International System of Units (SI): the standard kilogram, atomic clocks, and other metrological devices. The estate on which the Bureau is located is international territory outside of French sovereignty. As such it was not occupied by German troops during World War II.
Sèvres is twinned with:
It is also served by Musée de Sèvres station on the Tramway 2 that links Paris - Porte de Versailles and La Défense.
Sèvres hosts the French Federation of Sport Blowgun (France Sport Blowgun Association), founded in 2004 by Stéphane Jouanneau (Blowgun Long-Distance Vice World Champion)
- Andrew Albicy basketball player
- Demba Ba - Senegalese international football player
- Yamoudou Camara - French football player
- Manu Chao - Hispano-French musician
- Issiar Dia - Senegalese international football player
- Karim Ziani - Algerian international football player
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sèvres.|
- Sèvres city council website
- Unofficial website about Sèvres (in French)
- Another unofficial website about Sèvres (in French)
- Friends of the ceramics museum website (in French)