June 2000 – May 2007
|Born||9 August 1950|
|Political party||Workers and Unemployed Action Group|
|League for a Workers Republic, United Left Alliance|
He is part of the Clonmel based Workers and Unemployed Action Group (WUAG) which has a number of local representatives on South Tipperary County Council and Clonmel Borough Council. He is a former member of the League for a Workers Republic.
A former hospital administrator, Healy was first elected to Clonmel Borough Council in 1985. He was elected to the 28th Dáil at a by-election on 22 June 2000. He was re-elected at the 2002 general election, but lost his seat at the 2007 general election to Martin Mansergh of Fianna Fáil. After losing his Dáil seat he returned to serve as councillor in South Tipperary for Clonmel, being co-opted for Pat English, after which he was appointed to various committees such as the local Vocational Education Committee, promotion of the Irish language and various water supply committees.
His brother Paddy Healy served as president of the Teachers' Union of Ireland and ran unsuccessfully in the Seanad elections in 2007 on the NUI panel, and in the 1980s ran in the Dublin North–East Dáil constituency as an Anti H-Block candidate.
- "Tipperary South – Election 2011". RTÉ News. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 27 February 2011.
- "Mr. Séamus Healy". Oireachtas Members Database. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- International Trotskyism, 1929–1985: a documented analysis of the movement By Robert Jackson Alexander, pg 576.
- "Séamus Healy". ElectionsIreland.org. Retrieved 21 July 2010.
- "I'll be back - Healy". Tipperary Star. 31 May 2007.
- Minihan, Mary (28 February 2011). "Higgins pledges to build new party of left as five elected under ULA banner". The Irish Times. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "Tipperary South Result 2011 General Election". RTÉ News. 28 February 2011. Retrieved 28 February 2011.
- "TDs would go to jail over household charge". RTÉ News. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
|Independent Teachta Dála for Tipperary South
|WUAG Teachta Dála for Tipperary South