S. Robson Walton
|S. Robson Walton|
Walton in 2011
October 28, 1944 |
|Education||University of Arkansas
Columbia University School of Law
|Occupation||Chairman of Wal-Mart|
|Known for||Walton family fortune|
|Net worth||US $33.3 billion |
|Spouse(s)||Melani Lowman-Walton (div.), 3 children
Carolyn Funk (div.), no children
Samuel Robson "Rob" Walton (born October 28, 1944) is the eldest son of Helen Walton and Sam Walton, founder of Walmart, the world's largest retailer. He is Chairman of the company. In October 2012, Walton was listed as the 11th richest person in the world. His net worth was $34.2 billion as of March 3, 2014[update].
Early life and family
Walton attended The College of Wooster and graduated from the University of Arkansas in 1966 with a bachelor of science degree in business administration, where he was also a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. He received a juris doctor degree in 1969 from the Columbia University School of Law. Walton is also a trustee at The College of Wooster.
After graduation Walton became a member of the law firm that represented Wal-Mart, Conner & Winters in Tulsa, Oklahoma. In 1978 he left Tulsa to join Wal-Mart as a senior vice president, and in 1982 he was appointed vice chairman. He was named chairman of the board of directors on April 7, 1992, two days after his father's death.
- "S. Robson Walton Profile - Forbes". Forbes. March 9, 2013. Retrieved November 30, 2013.
- Rob Walton was born in 1944; Forbes listed his age as 66 in March 2011 and 67 in September 2011.
- "The Forbes 400 The Richest People in America". Forbes. September 2013. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- Serwer, Andy (November 15, 2004). "The Waltons: Inside America's Richest Family". Fortune. Retrieved February 20, 2011.
- DV00-01797 - S. ROBSON WALTON VS. CAROLYN F. WALTON (DIVORCE - NO CHILDREN). SECOND JUDICIAL DISTRICT COURT STATE OF NEVADA, Washoe County. August 15, 2000.
- Ortega, Bob (1999). In Sam we trust: the untold story of Sam Walton and how Wal-Mart is devouring the world. Kogan Page Publishers. p. 24. ISBN 978-0-7494-3177-8.
- "Bloomberg Billionares Index". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "Profiles:S. Robson Walton". Forbes. Retrieved March 3, 2014.
- "S Robson Walton". Forbes. September 2013. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- "2013's Top 20 Billionaires". Forbes. 2013. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- "The World's Billionaires #26 S Robson Walton". Forbes. May 3, 2008. Retrieved December 25, 2013.
- Ortega, Bob (October 20, 1998). In Sam We Trust. Times Business/Random House. p. 413. ISBN 0-8129-6377-6.
- "Billionaire Divorce. (Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Carolyn Walton, Robson Walton)". Entrepreneur. October 16, 2000.
- Official Wal-Mart biography
- S. Robson Walton's campaign contributions
- Rob Walton Refuses to Answer on Company’s Record in Local Communities - video report by Democracy Now!