S. S. Warner
|Sidney Sardus Warner|
|13th Ohio State Treasurer|
|Preceded by||William Hooper|
|Succeeded by||Isaac Welsh|
|Member of the Ohio House of Representatives
from the Lorain County district
January 6, 1862 – December 31, 1865
|Preceded by||Walter F. Herrick, John M. Vincent|
|Succeeded by||Washington W. Boynton|
April 17, 1829|
|Died||July 6, 1908
|Resting place||Greenwood Cemetery, Wellington, Ohio|
|Spouse(s)||Margaret A. Bradner|
S S Warner was born April 17, 1829 at Suffield, Connecticut, moved with his family to Mantua Portage County, Ohio in 1832, and Lorain County, Ohio in 1839. He was elected to the Ohio House of Representatives in 1861 and 1863 to the 55th and 56th General Assemblies.
Warner was elected in 1865, 1867, and 1869 as Ohio State Treasurer. He later was a candidate for nomination for Governor and representative to Congress, and a Banker and Manufacturer in Wellington, Ohio. Presidential elector for Garfiled/Arthur in 1880. He died July 6, 1908 in Wellington, and was buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Wellington, Ohio.
- Freepages from Ancestry.com
- Smith 1898 : 213
- Ohio 1917 : 284, 289
- Smith 1898 : 431-432
- Rutherford B. Hayes Presidential Center, Sidney S. Warner webpage
- Biographical notices of the members of the fifty-fifth General Assembly of the State of Ohio. Columbus: John Wallace. 1862. p. 108.
- Smith, Joseph P, ed. (1898). History of the Republican Party in Ohio I. Chicago: the Lewis Publishing Company.
- Ohio General Assembly (1917). Manual of legislative practice in the General Assembly. State of Ohio.