|Focus||Automotive, Automobile, Aerospace, Commercial vehicle.|
|Method||Industry standards, Conferences, Publications.|
|President (2012-14)||S.R. Marathe|
|Slogan||The Engineering Society for Advancing Mobility in Land Air and Space|
SAEINDIA is an affiliate society of SAE International, registered as an Indian non profit engineering and scientific society dedicated to the advancement of mobility community in India. As an individual member driven society of mobility practitioners, SAEINDIA comprises members who are individuals from the mobility community, which includes engineers, executives from industry, government officials, academics and students. Principal emphasis is placed on transport industries such as automotive, aerospace, and commercial vehicles.
SAEINDIA was formed in India in 1994-95 with Dr. Pawan Goenka, appointed as advisor for India. The SAE president held discussions with the Indian automotive industry and as a result, the Western India Section was established. SAEINDIA sections were formed all across the country. In 2007 Baja SAEINDIA was launched which proved to be the growing crop of engineers from colleges across the country to showcase their talent and fuel the growth of the Indian automotive industry. In 2008, Formula SAEINDIA was launched with the name of SUPRA SAEINDIA. This event provides a real world engineering challenge for the SAEINDIA student members that reflects the steps involved in the entire process from design and engineering to production to marketing and endurance.
Exhibitions, conferences and symposia
SAEINDIA organizes international meetings and exhibitions each year that cover all aspects of technology related to design, manufacture, and total life cycle technology for the automotive, aerospace, off-highway, truck and bus, fuels and lubricants, and other related mobility industries. These events bring engineers and technical experts from around the world together to share information and network.
Some of the events conducted by SAEINDIA are:
- 7th SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Exposition held at New Delhi, Jan 2012.
- 16th Asia Pacific Automotive Engineering Conference (APAC-16).
- Third International Conference on Automotive and Fuel Technology
- FISITA International Conference held at Chennai, Oct 2011.
- Lurizol International Seminar held at Chennai, Oct 2011.
- 8th International Symposium on Fuels and Lubricants (ISFL) in collaboration with IOCL.
- Symposium on International Automotive Technology (SIAT ) in collaboration with ARAI.
- SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference&Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress (SIMCOMVEC) to be held chennai, Dec. 2013.
SAEINDIA Symposia are one-day to three-day events focused on emerging technologies, new applications to emerging technologies or other expanded technical subjects. Additional activities and events are organized at the regional level through sections and collegiate chapters.
SAEINDIA holds a variety of competitions every year for engineering students across the country.
Soon to be Introduced
- SUPER MILAGE
- SAEINDIA Career Start Program
- "SAEINDIA General". SAEINDIA. Retrieved 7 August 2012.
- Post, Robert C. (2005). The SAE Story: One Hundred Years of Mobility. San Diego, California: Tehbai Books. p. 29. ISBN 0-7680-1489-1.
- "Mahindra and SAEINDIA announce the launch of 5th edition of BAJA SAEINDIA 2012". Mahindra. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- Abhivyakti 7 Ages (One). January 2013. p. 128. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "SAEINDIA is pleased to organize, SUPRA SAEINDIA 2014". SAEINDIA. March 16, 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "SIAT 2013". ARAI. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- 2013/ "SAEINDIA International Mobility Conference & Commercial Vehicle Engineering Congress (SIMCOMVEC 2013)". SAEINDIA. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "SAEINDIA Competitions". SAEINDIA. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "BAJA SAEINDIA received huge response for Registration". BAJA SAEINDIA. March 16, 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2013.
- "SAEINDIA Efficycle Competition". SAEINDIA Northern Section. Retrieved 2012-06-25.
- "SAEINDIA ECO KART Competition". SAEINDIA Northern Section. Retrieved 2014-07-21.