|KZ III air ambulance at The Danish Collection of Vintage Aircraft
The SAI KZ III was a Danish light utility aircraft used by the Danish Air Ambulance Service and Danish Air Force.
The first flight was on September 11, 1944, when Denmark was still under German occupation (the Germans permitted to build a plane for Danish Air Ambulance Service).
The plane is upper-wing, of mixed construction, canvas and plywood covered.
- Danish Air Ambulance Service
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 1
- Length: 6.53 m ()
- Wingspan: 9.60 m (31 ft 6 in)
- Height: 2.10 m ()
- Wing area: 13.00 m² (140 ft²)
- Empty weight: 419 kg (922 lb)
- Loaded weight: 650 kg (1,430 lb)
- Powerplant: 1 × Blackburn Cirrus Minor II air-cooled 4-cylinder inline, 100 hp (75 kW)
- Related development
SAI KZ VII
- Aircraft of comparable role, configuration and era
RWD-13 - Piper Vagabond
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to SAI KZ III.