|Original author(s)||Louis Louw, Jay Krivanek|
|Stable release||2013.6 / October 9, 2013|
|Development status||Supported, Under development|
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8|
|Type||Internet Radio Broadcasting|
SAM Broadcaster is an Internet radio broadcasting application by Spacial. The name "SAM" is an acronym for Streaming Audio Manager, which describes the software's functionality.
The software features functionality for running an Internet radio station from a single computer. It can be used for running Live Shows with a DJ selecting the tracks to be played and mixing the sound as well as completely automated, where the programming is controlled by various rulesets outlined by the operator using PAL scripts to select tracks and queue shows.
SAM Broadcaster connects to most common streaming servers, such as SHOUTcast and SHOUTcast2 as well as some web servers like Live365 or the company's own paid stream hosting services, CheapestStream and SpacialNet.
For statistical purposes the listener counts as reported by the streaming servers are displayed as a graph in the GUI. The software also comes with a tool to generate reports on listener count and played tracks as required by various licensing bodies, including ASCAP, BMI and SESAC for royalty purposes.
Supported server types
Supported encode formats
Integration with other products
SAM Broadcaster integrates seamlessly with SAM Cast, SAM DJ and SAM VIBE. It is also very easy to list your station on AudioRealm, TuneIn, etc. A free version of SAM VIBE is included with every SAM Broadcaster PRO purchase, which includes player widgets that can be easily integrated into radio websites.
- SAM Broadcaster v2 was the first popular version of the software.
- SAM Broadcaster v3 was the second popular version of this software.
- SAM Broadcaster v4 is the previous version and when released included new milestone features like AAC Encoding.
- SAM Broadcaster 2013 is the current version available and comes with official support for Windows 8, FLAC decoding and integrates the Cloud based broadcasting service SAM Vibe.
SAM Broadcaster is also used by hobbyist broadcasters and indie broadcasters to create their own genre-dedicated radio stations.
SAM Broadcaster was also requested for use at SXSW for broadcasting during the festival in 2013.
- "SAM Broadcaster - Radio Automation Software". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- "Support forums". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- "What's new". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.
- Terdiman, Daniel (2007). "Interactive Business Opportunities" (Google eBook). The entrepreneur's guide to Second life : making money in the metaverse (illustrated ed.). Hoboken, N.J.: John Wiley & Sons. pp. 215–216. ISBN 0-470-17914-7. Retrieved 30 January 2012.
- "Radio Stories". spacial.com. Spacial Audio Solutions, LLC.