From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up SAN, San, san, or -san in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
San or SAN may refer to:
- Senior Advocate of Nigeria, rank that may be conferred on legal practitioners in Nigeria
- Sinoatrial node, pacemaking tissue in the right atrium of the heart
- San, Mali
- San, Burkina Faso, a town in the Pompoï Department of Balé Province in southern Burkina Faso
- San, Wiang Sa, a subdistrict of Wiang Sa District, Nan, Thailand
- San (river), a river in south-eastern Poland and western Ukraine, (the Celtic word (san) means river)
- IATA airport code SAN: San Diego International Airport, California
- Sydney Adventist Hospital in Australia, due to the original name "Sydney Sanitarium"
- Battle Creek Sanitarium in Michigan, U.S., nicknamed The San by its guests
- The indigenous people of southern Africa, also referred to as Bushmen, Sho, Basarwa, Kung, or Khwe
- Sandra Priest, also known as San the Artist, American muralist and sculptor
- San (band), Yugoslav rock band
- San (album) by Japanese band High and Mighty Color
- San (comics), a character of the Marvel Universe
- San, the original name of Princess Mononoke in the same-titled 1997 animated film
- The Dream (film), originally known as San, a 1966 Yugoslav film
- Umbrella (film), a 2007 Chinese documentary also called San
- Storage area network, an architecture to remotely attach computer storage. SAN devices connect to a number of servers using fibre channel. Most SAN systems use the small computer system interface protocol. An add-on card must be installed in each computer that will be connected to a SAN device. A SAN is seen by a connected server as a local drive. Since the SAN serves data only as raw disk blocks, the server itself must provide file management.
- System area network, high-performance, connection-oriented network that can link a cluster of computers
- Subject Alternative Name, an X.509 certificate extension that allows certain values to be attached to a certificate, such as host names (as alternates to the Common Name), URIs and e-mail addresses.
- Styrene-acrylonitrile resin, copolymer plastic consisting of styrene and acrylonitrile
- Sandersville Railroad's reporting mark, a railroad in Georgia, United States
- Société Aeronautique Normande, defunct French aircraft manufacturer
- SAN Ecuador (Servicios Aéreos Nacionales), defunct airline
- South African Navy, the navy of South Africa
- Stigma Action Network, an international network focused on HIV stigma and discrimination reduction
- San (letter), Greek letter between Pi and Qoppa
- -san San (Japanese honorific) used after a person's name, the equivalent of Mr., Mrs. or Miss
- san a Japanese word for "mountain", as in Fuji-san, an alternative name for Mount Fuji (unrelated to the honorific)
- Italian and Spanish masculine word for saint, in geographical names, as in San Francisco
- Korean noun for mountain
- Algebraic notation (chess), also called short algebraic notation
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.