SAP Business ByDesign
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (April 2012)|
SAP Business ByDesign is a fully integrated on-demand enterprise resource planning and business management software product designed for small and medium sized enterprises, developed by SAP AG. It is delivered online as a software as a service offering. SAP Business ByDesign is available around the world supporting multiple languages, currencies and accounting conventions. It is managed, monitored and maintained by SAP through continuous release cycles. The system is running in over 35 countries for organizations scaling to over 8,000 users.
Software as a service (SaaS)
SAP Business ByDesign is a software as a service offering from SAP. The solution can be run on a PC with an Internet connection and a web browser, while the software and data are stored on the host servers. Business applications are delivered as an on-demand service via a secure Internet connection and a standard Web browser. Like most SaaS solutions, SAP Business ByDesign has a pay-per-use fee instead of an up-front investment..
- Customer relationship management: This module supports processes that span marketing, sales and service activities.
- Financial management: This module can help provide companies with a single, up-to-date view of financial condition by integrating core business processes and financials that span financial and Management accounting and cash flow management.
- Project management: This module contains an integrated project management solution.
- Supply chain management: This module covers supply chain setup management, supply chain planning and control, and manufacturing warehousing and logistics.
- Supplier relationship management: This module focuses on relationships with suppliers, procurement processes aimed at reducing costs, and to perform self-service procurement.
- Human resources management: This module spans organizational management, human resources, and employee self-service.
- Executive management support: This module is geared towards empowering management with more control over the business and better decision making. With customized real time analytics allow managers to accurately track the most important aspects of business.
- Compliance management: This module helps companies maintain compliance with changing laws and regulations and to meet regulatory standards.
- Delivered on-demand, managed by SAP
- Designed for midsize companies or small businesses
- Monthly subscription with a minimum of 10 users
- Built-in business analytics
- Built-in services, e-learning, and support
- Available in Australia, Austria, Canada, China, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States.
SAP announced SAP Business ByDesign on 19 September 2007 during an event in New York. The solution was known under the code name "A1S" before. In 2003, exactly 10 years after SAP R/3 was first introduced, SAP decided to go for new architecture, which was called "Ether" and then later "Enterprise SOA." SAP spent four years in R&D developing Business ByDesign as a new foundation for SAP's ERP software.
SAP announced it will accelerate the platform migration of SAP Business ByDesign to HANA, the product is currently available to run on the HANA database, the platform migration will extend to adopt the full power of the HANA extensibility and application control platform. Recent executive and analyst interviews and article attest to the strategic importance of SAP Business ByDesign as a part of the SAP Cloud portfolio and the HANA platform. Jim Hagemann Snabe, SAP Co-CEO, CNBC Squawkbox Europe, 10/21/2013 http://www.sap-tv.com/video/13517/strong-q3-transformation-to-cloud#.UmqLi6fKBTw.mailto ; Vishal Sikka, SAP Executive Board Member, Computerworld 10/22/2013 ; http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9243437/ Saugatuck Blog Postings: http://blog.saugatucktechnology.com/sap-bydesign-still-ticking-come/#comment-35
- List of ERP software packages
- Comparison of accounting software
- Cloud computing
- Customer relationship management
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- List of SAP products
- Kawamoto, Dawn (2007). "SAP launches on-demand business service". ZDNet. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- "SAP Business ByDesign Unveiled Press Release". SAP. September 19, 2007. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- "SAP Business ByDesign Overview Page". SAP. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Howlett, Dennis (August 2, 2010). "SAP Business ByDesign 2.5 arrives; what now?". ZDNet. Retrieved January 24, 2011.
- Niccolai, James (September 19, 2007). "SAP discloses price, delivery plans for A1S hosted apps". Computer World. Retrieved January 24, 2011.