|Type||Privately held company|
|Founded||San Antonio, Texas, USA (1976 )|
|Headquarters||1717 SAS Drive, San Antonio, Texas, USA 78224|
San Antonio Shoemakers (SAS) is an American shoe manufacturer that was founded in 1976 in San Antonio, Texas. The company specializes in hand-crafted men's shoes, women's shoes, and handbags. They are a family-owned company which manufactures all of their shoes and handbags in San Antonio, Texas, United States of America.
Products and availability
The company does not directly sell shoes over the Internet, rather they can be purchased at retail stores throughout Texas and the rest of the United States. One of their specialties is comfort shoes for seniors and other individuals with foot, ankle and lower leg problems. SAS's primary competitors in the comfort shoe market are: Bostonian, Clarks, Stride Rite and New Balance.
The SAS Shoe Factory and General Store, located on the South Side of San Antonio near the intersection of SW Military Drive and S. Zarzamora Street, offers a factory tour.
Annual sponsored public walk
Like the company itself, SAS does not actively publicize its free, annual Siesta Valley Ranch walk on the company's working ranch in Medina, Texas, relying instead on word of mouth. First held in 1989, the Siesta Valley Ranch walk celebrated its twentieth year on October 10, 2009.
- "Obituary: SAS Shoes was the perfect fit for Armstrong". San Antonio Express-News. November 12, 2007. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- "San Antonio Shoes - Our Heritage". SAS Shoemakers. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- George Breithaupt (October 9, 2009). "National shoe store coming to Mount Vernon". Mount Vernon News. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- Mike D. Lammi (February 17, 2009). "Fitting milestone: Shotwell family has owned Miller Shoe Parlor in Jackson for 50 years". mlive.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- "SAS Shoe Factory and General Store Factory Tour". FactoryToursUSA.com. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- David Colman (February 1, 2004). "POSSESSED; A Blend of Comfort and, Well, Comfort". The New York Times. Retrieved October 11, 2009.
- "20th Annual Siesta Valley Ranch Walk" (Press release). SAS shoemakers. September 2009.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This United States manufacturing company–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|