SBL Greek New Testament
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for books. (June 2011)|
The SBL Greek New Testament or SBLGNT is a critically edited edition of the Greek New Testament published by Logos Bible Software and the Society of Biblical Literature in October 2010. It was edited by Michael W. Holmes. It is also published in paperback form.
The SBLGNT features an apparatus that records differences not among manuscripts, but rather from other published editions of the Greek New Testament. According to the editors this is a function of a "reading edition" that calls attention to text critical issues. The text was created by starting with the Westcott and Hort text and then comparing it to Tregelles, Robinson-Pierpont, and the text underlying the NIV.
The text is available under a permissive license that allows royalty-free commercial and non-commercial use. It can be used online for free at http://biblia.com, and can be downloaded in plain text, XML, PDF and other formats at http://www.sblgnt.com/download/.
- The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition Michael W. Holmes - 2010
- SBLGNT licensing page
- Holmes, Michael W. (2010). The Greek New Testament: SBL Edition. Society of Biblical Literature. ISBN 1-58983-535-2.
- SBL Greek New Testament Home Page.
- Rebasing MorphGNT off SBLGNT http://jtauber.com/blog/2011/01/18/rebasing-morphgnt-off-sblgnt/
- Review of SBLGNT http://bibleandtech.blogspot.com/2010/11/review-of-sbl-gnt-in-gospels-by-wieland.html