SBS Gayo Daejeon
||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Korean Wikipedia. (August 2011)|
|SBS Gayo Daejeon|
|Also known as||SBS Gayo Daejun|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|Location(s)||KINTEX, Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea (2009, 2010)|
|Original channel||Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS)|
|Original run||29 December 1997– present|
|Related shows||The Music Trend (Inkigayo)
MBC Gayo Daejejeon
KBS Gayo Daechukje
|2014 SBS Gayo Daejun website|
|SBS Gayo Daejeon|
|Revised Romanization||Gayo Daejeon|
SBS Gayo Daejeon (hangul: 가요대전 , broadly battle of the bands), also transliterated SBS Gayo Daejun is a major annual end-of-the-year music program broadcast on 29 December by Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS). It was started in 1997, and awards were given to entertainers until 2007. The awards returned in 2014 as part of SBS' Awards Festival.
Performers were TVXQ, Super Junior, Big Bang, Dynamic Duo, Epik High, f(x), SHINee, Ailee, B1A4, 2NE1, Secret, B.A.P, SISTAR, T-ara, GLAM, Teen Top, CN Blue, EXO, FT Island, Miss A, MBLAQ, A Pink, Infinite, 4minute, 2AM, After School, B2ST, and Kara.
Colors of K-pop
Under the theme "The Color of K-Pop", some of the biggest groups create four super idol groups, recorded a new single, and performed it together on stage. There were four teams consisting of members of different idols groups labeled under the names of Mystic White, Dramatic Blue, Dynamic Black, and Dazzling Red, who sang songs created by the hottest producers of 2012.
|Kim Do-hoon||Kim Do-hoon, Seo Yong-bae||Seo Yong-bae|
|Song Su-yun||Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho, Hong Seung-hyun||Kim Seung-soo, Han Jae-ho|
|Gikwang||Beast||Yesterday||Shinsadong Tiger, LE||Shinsadong Tiger, LE||Shinsadong Tiger|
|Brave Brothers||Brave Brothers,
Park Hyun Joong
Park Hyun Joong
In December 2014, it was announced by SBS that the awards segment of the music program would return as part of 2014's SBS Awards Festival. It was later announced that the concept of 2014 would be Gayo Daejeon – Super 5 and also a change of the air date, changing from the usual 29 December to 21 December. Later it was announced the hosts of the program, titled as "Lucky Boys", the MCs were: CNBLUE's Jung Yong-hwa, 2PM's Nichkhun, Winner's Song Min-ho, B1A4's Baro and Infinite's L. A few days later, it was also announced that the actress Song Ji-hyo would also be a MC.
- Best Album: EXO – Overdose
- Best Song: Soyou x Junggigo – "Some"
- Best Male Group: EXO
- Best Female Group: 2ne1
- Best Solo Male: Taeyang
- Best Solo Female: Ailee
- Best Band: CNBLUE
- Best New Group/Rookie: Winner
- Global Star: 2PM
- Chinese Popularity Award: T-ARA
- Top 10 Artists: Girl's Day, Ailee, Akdong Musician, BEAST, Taeyang, INFINITE, A Pink, SISTAR, 2NE1, EXO
- "[PHOTO] U-Kiss, MBLAQ during rehearsals for SBS' "Gayo Daejun"". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- Hong, Lucia (30 December 2010). "Korean idols rock the stage for SBS' "Gayo Daejun"". 10 Asia. Retrieved 13 August 2011.
- Hong, Grace Danbi (31 December 2012). "SBS Awards Brings on All the Colors with Spectacular Performances and Collaborations". eNews World. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "SBS Gayo Daejun Reveals Photos of ‘Lucky Boys’ Nichkhun, Jung Yong Hwa, L, Baro, and Mino". Soompi. 16 December 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2014.
- "Song Ji Hyo Joins Project Group Lucky Boys as MC of SBS’ Gayo Daejun". Soompi. 18 December 2014. Retrieved 21 December 2014.