SCG International Risk
SCG International was founded in 1996 to provide government and private sectors with domestic and international security, logistics and training services.
SCG International was established as the Delta Training Center (DTC) in 1996, and has operated as SCG International since 2002. Since its founding in 1996, SCG has been operated under the direction of experienced former United States government intelligence officers and military personnel. SCG personnel have worked with more than 1,200 clients (including 9 Fortune 500 companies) in over 14 countries. SCG International provides training and security services to governments, law enforcement and military units, and to private and corporate entities. It was one of several private security firms employed following the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan.
Jamie Smith, the current CEO, came to SCG in 2002 after having been the first Director of Blackwater Security Consulting and has a background as a CIA officer. SCG is one of over 60 private security firms employed during the Iraq War and the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan to guard officials and installations, train Iraq's and Afghanistan's new army and police, and provide other support for coalition forces. Other executives within the firm come from US Army Special Forces, US Navy SEALs and the USMC.
The future of SCG International has been called into question by the fraud conviction of Mr Smith and the 9.5 million dollar judgement against Mr. Smith and SCG as detailed here: http://hamptonroads.com/2012/07/despite-fraud-air-force-kept-using-va-beach-contractor
SCG International has offices/facilities in Virginia Beach, VA; Los Angeles, CA; New York, NY; Holly Springs, MS; Honolulu, HI; St. Anns; Ankara, Turkey; Juba, Sudan; Kabul, Afghanistan; Islamabad, Pakistan and Dubai.
Government clients include: U.S. Department of Defense, Federal Bureau of Investigation, U.S. Department of the Treasury, U.S. Navy Special Warfare, U.S. Army Special Operations Command, U.S. Marine Corps., diplomats and foreign dignitaries.
Private clients include: Fortune 500 companies, entertainment and media conglomerates, financial institutions, celebrities, corporate executives, media personalities, politicians and other public figures.
SCG International provides services in each of the following areas: protective security details, logistics, event/location security, corporate security, travel services, intelligence, film & television technical consulting, training, mobile training, risk & vulnerability assessment, K9.
The company runs "the graduate school of tactical training". The company's new facility, under development in Holly Springs, Mississippi, is composed of several ranges, indoor, outdoor, urban reproductions and has over 1,500 acres (6 km2) of land.
SCG International offers dozens of courses from hand to hand combat to sniping. Furthermore one could opt to enroll in the company's selection course and recruits are then engaged in a rather restrictive contract that places them exclusively in their service.
Courses offered 
- High Threat Protective Operations (8 Days or 14 Days in duration)
- SWAT Operations (5 days)
- Hostile Environment Security Training (5 Days)
- Tactical Convoy Operations (5 Days)
- Modern Army Combatives (5 days or 10 Days)
- Advanced and Basic Driver Training (5 Days)
- Tactical Carbine (5 Days)
- Tactical Pistol (5 days)
- LEA Sniper/Counter-Sniper/Defensive Marksman (5 Days)
- Close quarters battle (CQB) (5 Days)
See also 
- SCG International website
- National Public Radio broadcast of Marketplace. Subject: Recruiting soldiers for private security work worldwide describing SCG's recruiting and hiring practices in Iraq and Afghanistan by Steve Henn (April 13, 2004)
- Article describing the company's role in the Iraq and Afghanistan war
- Robert Young Pelton's World: Traveling Right about SCG's training courses for those traveling to war zones
- SWAT Magazine article October 2003 edition. (Subject: SCG High Threat Vehicle Dismount training).
- People Magazine article on SCG International Risk CEO Jamie Smith and private security firms in Afghanistan and Iraq. Date: April 2004
- Nuts Magazine (UK) SWAT training discussed in interview with SCG Training Division Instructor Todd Smith. (Date: March Issue 2004)
- FHM Magazine (UK) article on SCG training SWAT teams. Author goes through SWAT training in USA w/SCG Training Division Instructors Todd Smith and Randy Lewis. (Date: March Issue 2004)