The SCR-694 replaced the SCR-284 and was later replaced by the AN/GRC-9. Designed to provide communication between moving or stationary vehicles or as a portable field radio set, the SCR-694 was originally intended for use by mountain troops and airborne forces but soon became the Army-wide standard at battalion level.
- Weight - 19.5 pounds.
- Range - up to 15 miles on voice. Up to 30 miles reported on morse code between moving vehicles
- Transmitter - Crystal control, frequency doubler
- Power supply - 6, 12 or 24 Volts DC, PE-237 Vibrator Power Unit
- Optional accessories - hand crank generator with seat, antenna system, spares tube kit, canvas bags, Jeep mounting plates.
- Manual - TM 11-230C
- http://www.armyradio.com Army radio.com, BC-1306
- http://hamradiotube.com/sm/media/113/Radioset-SCR694/ Radio Set SCR-694 U.S. War Dept. Training Film
- TM 11-230 dated 15 Aug. 1944
- TM 11-227 Signal Communication Directory. dated 10 April 1944
- TM 11-487 Electrical Communication systems Equipment. dated 2 Oct. 1944