SDM Institute for Management Development
The SDM Institute for Management Development (SDMIMD) campus is picturesque in more ways than one. It is one of the premier B-schools of the country, located at the foot of Chamundi Hills at the 'Palace City' Mysore. The glorious view of the historically important Chamundi Hills, the vast expanse of the meticulously designed structure and the award-winning garden all add to this.
The Institute itself is committed to the Dharmasthala principle of giving and righteousness. Spiritual awareness through yoga and inculcation of ethics in the program add to the creation of a whole individual, who while being highly competent academically, also upholds high values and principles. The hallmark of the Institute’s PGDM program is in its emphasis on academic rigour all around, and on the course, curriculum and pedagogy following this principle consistently.
SDMIMD, being aware of the need to meet the expectations of the corporate world, hold several meetings with corporate leaders in designing the structure and contents of various courses and projects. Emphasis is given in equal measure to theoretical proficiency and practical insights.
The institute is promoted by the Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational Trust, which has rich experience in managing educational institutes of repute for over 42 years. It is one of the foremost institutions of 40 educational establishments promoted by Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational Trust, in the realm of Medical, Engineering, Dental, Law and Management Sciences.
- The campus architecture has won ARCHIDESIGN Award for the Best Institutional / Corporate Building Design – 2007
- The Horticultural maintenance has won the Dasara Overall Rolling Shield award by the City Council successively for 3 times
- National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for the institute flagship course – PGDM for 3 years from December 2011
- MBA Equivalence to PGDM by AIU Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Centers For Research in the area of Management and Allied Subjects
- Library has been recognized as Center for Training by Board of Apprenticeship and Training, MHRD, Government of India, India.
SDMIMD was established in 1993 and promoted by the Shree Dharmasthala Manjunatheswara Educational (SDME) Trust, which has rich experience in managing educational institutes of repute for over 42 years. The Institute had a campus on Vinoba Road, Mysore and moved to the new campus in 2005, inaugurated by Mr. N. R. Narayana Murthy, Chief Mentor, Infosys Technologies.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The two-year, residential PGDM Programme, approved by the AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, has been recognized as being highly contemporary with a state-of – the art pedagogical practices. The course is compiled from current industry practices and probing business case studies. The program has the MBA equivalence from Association of Indian Universities (AIU). The program is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for a period of 3 Years with effect from December 13, 2011.
Certificate Program in Business Management (CPBM)
The Certificate Program in Business Management (CPBM) is intended to be an abridged Executive version of the Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDM) offered by SDMIMD. This program is designed by the SDMIMD faculty, specifically to cater to the requirements of working executives. The pedagogy is interactive and application oriented to encourage participatory learning.
Management Development Program (MDP)
The Institute conducts Management Development Programs (MDP) for the corporate executives, academicians and consultants which are aimed to update with new developments in various fields – both in respect of their proven areas of expertise and some others as well. These programs are uniquely designed training programmes which equip participants with up-to-date skills and techniques in various areas.
SDMIMD has collaborated with the
- Global Management Education Institute of Shanghai University, China
- MAYS School of Business, Texas A&M University, USA
for student exchange programs every year. These student exchange programmes enable the students to understand each other’s countries, business practices and culture. This gives students an edge when it comes to international opportunities.
- MOU with the National Stock Exchange (NSE) for launching a joint NCCMP [NSE Certified Capital Market Professional] Program
- MOU with Centennial College, Toronto, Ontario, Canada to increase international collaborations
International Study Tour - The institute has the International Study Tour inbuilt into its PGDM course curriculum. This tour is structured to introduce the international scenario pertaining to culture, economics and the trends.
- SDMIMD has been ranked as one of the most preferred B-School in Southern India in the survey made by The Week.
- The Competition Success Review's all India B-School Survey conducted in collaboration with GHRDC has ranked SDMIMD 11th under the Top B-School of Excellence Category. And, in the State Level ranking, SDMIMD is in 3rd Place.
- Business India assigned A++ rank to SDMIMD.
- Member of All India Management Association (AIMA)
- Founder Member of Association of BRICS Business Schools (ABBS)
Library - SDMIMD Library is known as the Information Resource Centre which supports teaching, learning and research and which is the heart of the academic centre with an aim to provide ‘Anytime, Anywhere Access’ to information and knowledge.
Computer Centre - Efficient managers are those who can use technology to mould their businesses successfully. With continuously upgraded hardware, software and communication facilities, SDM-IMD is taking the face of management into a new era.
Auditorium - The large, acoustically sound auditorium is a showcase of discourses, seminars, films, presentations and theatre for management and general education. It seats 300 and is a constant witness to cultural, educational and recreational feats for and by the students.
Amphitheatre - The ambience and the structure of the amphitheatre is breath-taking. Over 500 people can watch the cultural extravaganzas produced by students and others. The amphitheatre is also a meeting place where students can relax.
Hostel - The SDMIMD hostel is indeed a home away from home. Fully furnished single rooms, lounge/study area, recreational facilities, and a common dining area create a mini world of its own. The facilities in the hostel include broadband internet access, housekeeping, dry cleaning and laundry services. Mess - The SDMIMD Mess is student-managed. The Students decide on the menu, fixed for a week. It caters to around three hundred people, and mixes a variety of North and South Indian vegetarian cuisine. SDM IMD Mess makes the painful process of going from home-made food to the hostel mess very easy.
Yoga and Gym - Healthy people make organizations healthy. In the modern global environment, managers need to play multiple roles, which call for multiple skills. To display multiple skills, one has to have good physical, mental, social, emotional and spiritual health. Thus, Health precedes everything else. Keeping this in view, SDM IMD has introduced Wellness Management as a 2 Credit (90 hours) Course. A well designed and equipped "Wellness Center" offers Yoga, Aerobics, Hi Tech Gym, Table Tennis and Shuttle Badminton. At the outdoor, the campus offers Basket Ball and Volley Ball courts.
Suvidha - Suvidha is an equity-funded departmental store conceived and run by students as a co-operative venture with the objective of providing daily necessities to students at the lowest cost. It provides an opportunity for students to apply their knowledge to professional, practical management of a micro-institution.
- SDMIMD Journal of Management - The Journal is published twice a year, in March and September and invites articles with a focus on management issues pertinent to the Indian and International corporate sector. The journal will be targeted at academicians, industry managers and practitioners as prime audience. The articles and papers published would thus aim to meet the needs of this primary segment.
- Monthly eNewsletter
- B-Street Buzz - The B-Street Buzz is an initiative by the students of SDMIMD, which is published every trimester. The aim of this newsletter is to introduce the readers to the events and activities on the campus.