|Designer||Erwin Leo Himmel|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door saloon (sedan)/coupé|
|Layout||Longitudinal front engine,
|Engine||2.8L V6 biturbo|
|Transmission||6-speed sportronic (tiptronic) automatic|
|Length||4,520 mm (178.0 in)|
|Width||1,870 mm (73.6 in)|
|Height||1,380 mm (54.3 in)|
The SEAT Bolero 330 BT is a concept car presented at the 1998 Geneva Salon International de l’Auto. It is featuring a four-seater, four-door sports-coupé inspired family saloon (sedan) car body style. The "330 BT" is derived from the power output of 330 PS.
One of the most remarkable aspects of this concept consists in the elimination of the B-pillar and the use of hinges due to which the doors could open independently in a contrary suicide door-like manner, leaving room for an easier access to the rear seats.
Another interesting issue is that the design of the SEAT Bolero incorporated many stylistic elements that would later be implemented in other models of the brand, especially in the front fascia.
The Bolero is powered by a 2.8 litre V6 engine with two turbochargers (aka 'biturbo') which is mounted longitudinally at the front. It produces a maximum power output of 330 PS (243 kW; 325 bhp) at 5,800 revolutions per minute (rpm), and generates a peak torque output of 500 newton metres (369 lbf·ft) between 1,800 to 3,600 rpm.
The driveline includes a transaxle six-speed 'sportronic' tiptronic automatic transmission, with the output being routed through a conventional front-wheel drive system. It rides on 9Jx19" alloy wheels shod with 255/40 R19 tyres.
Performance figures indicate that the Bolero completes the standard discipline of sprinting from a standing start to 100 kilometres per hour (62.1 mph) in 5.0 seconds, and will reach an estimated top speed of 275 km/h (170.9 mph).
- SEAT key figures http://media.seat.com/en/company/368-seat-sa-en-cifras-2005-2009.html
- AutoBlog.it Seat Bolero 1998: the future of the Toledo? (Italian)
- Prototipos que jamás vieron la luz (III): Seat Bolero http://www.motor21.com/coches/prototipos-jamas-vieron-luz-iii-seat-bolero-55486/
- El Seat Bolero fue presentado en 1998 con el objetivo de sentar la base estilística de sus futuros modelos, pero excepto el frontal, el resto de elementos estéticos no se trasladaron a los nuevos modelos. http://www.historiasdelmotor.com/seat/bolero/
- MuseoSEAT.com - SEAT Bolero (Spanish)
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|