SELECT (Electrical Contractors' Association of Scotland)
With the Unite the Union, SELECT established the Scottish Electrical Charitable Training Trust (SECTT), a not-for-profit organisation concerned with training apprentices within the SJIB Apprenticeship Scheme, the only industry-approved training scheme for electrical contracting apprenticeships in Scotland. The SJIB (Scottish Joint Industry Board) was co-founded in 1969 by SELECT and Unite the Union, then known as AMICUS.
Along with the NICEIC, SELECT is authorised by the Scottish Government to assess and register electricians who are competent to carry out and certify electrical installation work in Scotland in compliance with UK Building Regulations. SELECT was the first Scheme Provider for the Certification of Construction (Electrical Installations to BS 7671).
In September 2010, SELECT established a Scottish Environmental Technologies Training Centre to provide training for electricians, heating engineers and plumbers in the latest developments in energy-saving technologies.
- "About SELECT". SELECT. Retrieved 8 July 2011.
- SECCT Electrical Training - http://www.sectt.org.uk/ (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- What is the SJIB - http://www.sjib.org.uk/ (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Scottish Government, Directorate for the Built Environment, Building Standards Division - http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/217736/0092096.pdf, leaflet amended 4 January 2009 (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Electrical Safety Council Registered Electricians - http://www.esc.org.uk/public/find-an-electrician/registered-electricians/ (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Electrical Safety Council (May 2010) Landlords’ Guide to Electrical Safety in Scotland - http://www.arla.co.uk/media/60326/esc-landlordsscottish.pdf (accessed 13 April 2012)
- West Lothian Council, Building Standards: Electrical Installations: Information note 08 - http://www.westlothian.gov.uk/media/downloaddoc/1799514/1841652/1841839/GN08_ElectricalInstallations (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Scottish Building Services Certification - http://www.sbsc.uk.net/select-scheme.php (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Environmental Technologies Training Centre launched 6 September 2010 (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- p.83, Scottish Government (2010) Conserve and save: The energy efficiency action plan for Scotland - http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Resource/Doc/326862/0105383.pdf (accessed: 13 April 2012)
- Electrical Contractors' Association - the equivalent association for contractors in England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
|This article about an organisation in Scotland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|