|Type||Subsidiary of the Air Liquide group|
|Products||Specialty chemical products for the cosmetics, pharmaceutical, nutrition, vaccine and industrial markets|
|Employees||630 employees (2010)|
SEPPIC designs and supplies specialty chemical products for health and wellbeing. The company is based in France with distributors and production sites around the world. It has four main areas of business: personal care, pharmaceuticals and nutrition, vaccine adjuvants and injectables, and industrial specialties.
SEPPIC has been part of the Air Liquide group since 1986. Its research has led to innovations in medical treatments, such as the creation of CimaVax, the first therapeutic vaccine to treat lung cancer.
In 1943, French chemist André Bondouy founded SEPPIC (Société d’exploitation pour les produits de l’industrie chimique). Between 1946 and 1972, the company expanded, becoming the distributor for several other chemical manufacturers.
In 1972, under the leadership of Jean Martineau (then president of the Paris Chamber of Commerce), the company purchased Société des Produits Chimiques de la Montagne Noire in Castres, France. It created the MONTANE and Montanox product lines of emulsifiers, designed for the cosmetics, pharmaceutical and industrial markets.
In 2013 after the 2011 divestiture of a significant portion of its Industrial additives business, SEPPIC acquires BiotechMarine, a company specialized in Marine based cosmetic ingredients including plant stem cells.
Later, it created SEPIGELTM 305, a pre-neutralized polymer in an inverse emulsion that enabled new textures, such as gel-creams.
In 2008, Seppic adjuvants were used to develop CimaVax, the first therapeutic vaccine to treat lung cancer.
SEPPIC has research partnerships in the fields of health, nutrition, personal care, and vaccines with French and international companies, including the Japanese chemical giant Shin-Etsu. Seppic is also involved with the Cosmetic Valley business cluster.
- “SEPPIC in brief”, SEPPIC0com
- SEPPIC S.A. – Puteaux, France. Chemeurope.com (2011-12-31). Retrieved on 2013-08-01.
- “Seppic”, Household & Personal Products Industry,1 February 2011.
- Manufacturing Process Development for an Epidermal Factor-Based Cancer Vaccine, BioPharm International, 2 October 2008, accessed March 2011.
- "Our history", SEPPIC, retrieved 8 November 2011.
- “Our commitment to sustainability”, SEPPIC, retrieved 10 November 2011.
- Trouvez montanov 68 pour applications en Produits cosmétiques & de soins | Recherchez fiches techniques, fiches de données de sécurité et commandez des échantillons. Innovadex.fr (1923-07-30). Retrieved on 2013-08-01.
- Trouvez sepigel 305 pour applications en Produits cosmétiques & de soins | Recherchez fiches techniques, fiches de données de sécurité et commandez des échantillons. Innovadex.fr (1923-07-30). Retrieved on 2013-08-01.
- “Partnerships”, SEPPIC, retrieved 10 November 2011.
- SEPPIC announces the acquisition of BiotechMarine. Seppic.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-01.