From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from SHIELD (TV series))
|Look up shield or shielding in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A shield is a hand-held protective device meant to intercept attacks.
Shield may also refer to:
Forms of protection
- Riot shield, used by police forces around the world for crowd control purposes
- Human shield, the use of civilians to deter an attack in warfare
- Cold shield, used to protect an object from radiative heating
- Electromagnetic shielding, the use of conductive material to block electromagnetic fields
- Shielded cable, electrical conductors enclosed by a conductive layer
- Radiation shield, protection against ionizing radiation
- Lead shielding, the use of lead as a form of radiation protection
- Dalkon Shield, a contraceptive intrauterine device (IUD)
- Heat shield, which protects a spacecraft or ballistic missile
- Tunnelling shield, used in excavation through soft soil
Geography and geology
- Shield Nunatak, a prominent nunatak in Antarctica
- Shield (geology), a large area of exposed rocks that is tectonically stable
- Shield Volcano, a type of volcano usually built almost entirely of fluid lava flows.
- Hydraulic shield, erosion on water courses erode smaller particles of soil, until the remaining (the larger ones) protect the soil from hydraulic erosion.
Entertainment and fiction
- Shield, a 1963 science-fiction novel by Poul Anderson
- The Shield, a television police drama
- The Shield (video game), based on the television series
- S.H.I.E.L.D., a fictional agency in the Marvel comics universe
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., a television series based on the Marvel comics
- Shield (Archie Comics), one of several fictional patriotic superheroes
- Shield (Artemis Fowl), in the Artemis Fowl novel series, a magical ability possessed by fairies
- Scyld Scefing (or Shield Sheafson), a legendary Danish king in the epic poem Beowulf
- "Shield" (song), a song by Deep Purple on the album The Book of Taliesyn
- The Shield (professional wrestling), a professional wrestling stable, consisting Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns.
- Baskerville Shield, a trophy awarded to the winner of rugby league test series between Great Britain and New Zealand
- County Antrim Shield, a Northern Irish football competition
- County Championship Shield, formed in 2008 and originally played for by second tier teams in the RFU County Championship
- FA Community Shield, a British soccer trophy
- IFA Shield, an annual football competition organized by the Indian Football Association
- Indonesian Community Shield, a pre-season football competition held the week before the season begins in Indonesia every year
- Istanbul Shield, a soccer tournament which organised between 1930 and 1939
- J.J. Giltinan Shield, an Australian rugby league football trophy
- Johan Cruijff Shield, a football trophy in the Netherlands named after legendary Dutch football player Johan Cruyff, also often referred to as the Dutch Super Cup
- League Leader's Shield, a trophy awarded to the team finishing the season top of Super League in the sport of rugby league football
- MLS Supporters' Shield, an annual award given to the Major League Soccer team with the best regular season record, as determined by the MLS points system
- Sheffield Shield, a perpetual shield awarded to the Australian state cricket team that wins the final
- Thacker Shield, a rugby league football trophy awarded to the winner of a match between the champion clubs of the Canterbury Rugby League and West Coast Rugby League
- The Shield (professional wrestling), a professional wrestling stable in WWE
- The Nvidia Shield, an Android-based handheld game console.
- A device which adds functionality to an Arduino or other microcontroller development board
- Shield (heraldry), the principal portion of a coat of arms
- Shield nickel, the first United States five cent piece to be made out of copper-nickel
- Shielding effect, in chemistry, reduced attraction of electrons to an atomic nucleus
- Highway shield, a sign displaying the name and/or number of the road along which it is placed
- Scutum, a small constellation near the celestial equator
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.