Shinee at the Hong Kong Dome Festival 2013 (left to right: Onew, Taemin, Jonghyun, Minho, Key)
|Also known as||SHINee|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Genres||K-pop, R&B, dance, electronic|
|Labels||S.M. Entertainment (South Korea)
EMI Music Japan (Virgin) (Japan) (2011-2013)
Universal Music Japan (EMI) (Japan) (2013-present)
|Associated acts||SM Town, Infinite|
|Website||Official Korean website|
Shinee (// SHY-nee; Korean: 샤이니; Japanese: シャイニー; more commonly known and stylized as SHINee) is a South Korean contemporary R&B boy group under the management of SM Entertainment. Formed in 2008, the group consists of Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho, and Taemin. They made their debut on May 25, 2008 on SBS's Inkigayo with their single, "Replay".
Since their debut, Shinee has released three full-length albums (in Korean language; with one being a separate double-album release), five mini-albums, one live album and various singles. They have also won many awards, held three concert tours and starred in their own reality shows. Shinee is considered to be a fashion icon having started the "Shinee Trend" and are known for their highly synchronized and complex dancing.
They made their Japanese debut on June 22, 2011 by releasing a Japanese version of their single, Replay, and gained the title, "The artist who managed to get in top 3 for 3 continuous releases since debut," for the foreign artist category. Such an achievement had never been gained by anyone else ever since the single ranking chart was established 45 years ago, in January 1968, followed by their first Japanese studio album, The First on December 7, 2011. Their second Japanese album, Boys Meet U, was released on June 26, 2013 under EMI Records Japan after EMI Music Japan was officially absorbed into Universal Music Japan and was renamed to "EMI Records Japan".
- 1 History
- 1.1 2008: Debut and The Shinee World
- 1.2 2009: Romeo, rising popularity and 2009, Year of Us
- 1.3 2010: Lucifer and first Asian tour
- 1.4 2011: Japanese debut and The First
- 1.5 2012: Sherlock, first Japan Arena Tour and second Asia tour
- 1.6 2013: Dream Girl, Why So Serious?, Boys Meet U and Everybody
- 1.7 2014–present: SHINee WORLD III
- 2 Members
- 3 Image and artistry
- 4 Discography
- 5 Publications
- 6 Activities
- 7 Filmography
- 8 Endorsements
- 9 Awards and nominations
- 10 References
- 11 External links
2008: Debut and The Shinee World
On May 22, 2008, the group's first mini-album, Replay was released from label company, SM Entertainment. The mini-album debuted at #10 on the Korean music charts and peaked at #8, selling 17,957 copies in the first half of 2008.
On June 7, 2008, Shinee participated in the Dream Concert in the Seoul Olympic Stadium along with other South Korean singers and groups. The group won their first award, "Rookie of the Month", at the Cyworld Digital Music Awards on June 22, 2008. Shinee took part in SMTown Live '08, which was held on August 18, 2008 at Seoul Olympic Stadium. On August 23, 2008, they attended the MNet 20's Choice Awards 2008, where they won the "Hot New Star" award.
Shinee released their first full-length album, The Shinee World, on August 28, 2008. The album debuted on the charts at #3, selling 30,000 copies. The first single released from the album was "Sanso Gateun Neo (Love Like Oxygen)", a cover of "Show the World" by Martin Hoberg Hedegaard, originally written by the Danish songwriting and production team of Thomas Troelsen, Remee and Lucas Secon. On September 18, 2008, Shinee's "Sanso Gateun Neo (Love Like Oxygen)" was the #1 song on M! Countdown. A few days later, Shinee received the "Mutizen" award for the same single on SBS's Popular Songs.
Shinee participated in the 5th Asia Song Festival, where they received the "Best New Artist" award with a Japanese girl group, Berryz Kobo. The group attended the 2008 Style Icon Awards on October 30, 2008, where they won the "Best Style Icon Award". On the same day, a repackage album of The Shinee World titled Amigo was released. The re-packaged album contained three new songs: "Forever or Never", a remix of "Sa. Gye. Han (Love Should Go On)" (사.계.한) and the promotional single "Amigo" (아.미.고). "Amigo" is a shortened version of the Korean phrase "Areumdaun Minyeorueljoahamyeon Gosaenghanda" (아름다운 미녀를 좋아하면 고생한다 lit. Heart Aches When You Fall In Love With a Beauty).
On November 15, 2008, Shinee won the "Best New Male Group" award at the 10th annual Mnet Asian Music Awards, beating fellow newcomers U-KISS, 2PM, 2AM and Mighty Mouth. At the 23rd Annual Golden Disk Awards, they performed a medley of their songs and won the award for "YEPP Newcomer Album".
2009: Romeo, rising popularity and 2009, Year of Us
In early February, 2009, Shinee won "Best Newcomer" award along with Davichi and Mighty Mouth at the 18th Seoul Music Awards. Later, SM Entertainment announced that Shinee would make their comeback with their second mini album Romeo on May 21, 2009. On May 18, "Juliette", the first single was released, an instrumental remake of Corbin Bleu's "Deal with It". It was later announced that their comeback was going to be delayed due to Onew damaging his teeth and the release of the mini-album was pushed back to May 25, 2009. Shinee eventually had their return performance on June 5, 2009, on KBS's Music Bank, where they received the award for first place.
The group released their third mini-album, 2009, Year Of Us, on October 19, 2009, five months after the release of Romeo. SM Entertainment stated that this EP would showcase the group's vocal talents and demonstrate their unique qualities. The lead single, "Ring Ding Dong", was released digitally on October 14; the group had their comeback stage on October 16, on KBS's Music Bank. In early December, 2009, Shinee won the "Popularity" award along with fellow labelmate group, Super Junior, at the 24th Golden Disk Awards. In February, 2010, the group won the main "BonSang" award at the 19th Seoul Music Awards. In December, Shinee also started promoting their song "Jo Jo" with live performances on local music programs.
2010: Lucifer and first Asian tour
SM Entertainment revealed individual photograph teasers of each member for the new album starting with Minho on July 8, 2010 and ending with Key on July 12, 2010. A teaser for the music video of the lead single was released on July 14, 2010 at the official channel of SM Entertainment on YouTube. The group was originally set to have their comeback stage on KBS Music Bank, July 16, to begin their promotions for the new album, however, due to Minho injuring his ankle during filming of Dream Team Season 2 on July 8, the comeback was postponed to July 23, 2010.
The second full length studio album, entitled Lucifer, was released on July 19, 2010 in South Korea. The music video promoting the lead single, also named Lucifer, was released on the same day. Within hours of the release, the album topped various physical and digital sales charts in South Korea. The songs on the album "were more carefully selected than ever", and the album is said to "[give] listeners a great chance to experience the diverse musical characters and more mature vocal skills of the members." The group made their comeback on July 23, 2010 at KBS Music Bank. Choreography of "Lucifer" was released on the same YouTube channel on August 3, 2010. The studio album was re-released as a repackaged version, entitled Hello, on October 1, 2010. The music video of the promotional single, also named "Hello", was released on October 4, 2010. The re-released version included three new tracks.
Amidst their promotional activities for the second studio album, the group also participated in the SMTown Live '10 World Tour alongside their label-mates. On August 21, 2010, they performed in a concert at Seoul Olympic Stadium in Seoul. On September 4, 2010, they also performed at a concert at Staples Center in Los Angeles. Later, on September 11, 2010, Shinee also participated in a concert at Hongkou Stadium in Shanghai.
On December 26, 2010, Shinee started their first concert tour, Shinee World by holding their concert at Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo. The event was attended by a total audience of approximately 24,000 attendees. The group also announced that they will be releasing their first Japanese language studio release in 2011 under EMI Music Japan, a record label known for the success of their famous Japanese-American singer-songwriter Hikaru Utada.
2011: Japanese debut and The First
On January 1, 2011, Shinee performed a concert at Olympic Gymnastics Arena in Seoul as a part of their tour, Shinee World. On January 2, 2011, before their repeat performance of their concert in Seoul, Shinee held a press conference. The group answered many questions related to their future plans; announcing that in March 2011 they will be debuting in Japan. The concert then continued at Taipei, Nanjing, Singapore, Nagoya, and Osaka throughout 2011. On January 25 and 26, 2011, the group participated in the Japan leg of SMTown Live '10 World Tour alongside their fellow labelmates at Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo, which also continued in two concerts in Paris at Zenith de Paris, three concerts in Tokyo at Tokyo Dome and at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
On May 16, 2011, EMI Music Japan revealed a teaser for the Japanese version of "Replay" through their official YouTube channel. The music video was released through the same channel on May 27, 2011. The single was released in Japan on June 22, 2011 and sold more than 91,000 copies in the first week. It was certified 'Gold' by RIAJ for selling over 100,000 copies in June 2011.
On June 19, 2011, Shinee made history by becoming the first Asian artists to perform at Abbey Road Studios in London, holding their Japan Debut Premium Reception there. On July 22, 2011, Shinee started their Japan Debut Premium Reception Tour. They performed at a number of concerts while touring various cities across Japan including Fukuoka on July 22, Kobe on July 23, Tokyo on July 27 and 28, Sapporo on August 8 and Nagoya on August 11, 2011.
On August 8, 2011, EMI Music Japan revealed the music video for the Japanese version of "Juliette" through their official YouTube channel. The single was released in Japan on August 28, 2011. On October 12, 2011, the group again released their third Japanese single "Lucifer" after the official music video for the single was released on EMI Music Japan's official YouTube channel on September 15, 2011. It was announced on Oricon's website that Shinee was the first foreign artist in the 44 year long history of Oricon ever to have three different singles released in Japan and all three of which ranked in top three on their weekly singles sales chart. These singles were their first three Japanese singles: "Replay", "Juliette" and "Lucifer".
On October 17, 2011, it was announced by EMI Music Japan that Shinee will be releasing their first Japanese studio album, The First on November 23, 2011. However, the Japanese release date was delayed to December 7, 2011. The album featured five new songs in addition to Japanese remakes of seven previously released Korean songs. The regular version of the album also featured the theme song of the drama Strangers 6, a track called "Stranger" as a bonus.
The group was invited to be the opening act of The 6th London Korean Film Festival, which took place at Odeon West End Theater on November 3, 2011. They also performed in their hour-long gala concert Shinee in London, the tickets for which sold out within a minute after going on sale at 1:00 pm on the October 27, 2011. This also marked the first time that any Korean artist(s) had held an independent concert in London.
On November 18, 2011, it was announced Onew, Key, and Taemin would release a book about their travels in Barcelona, Spain, becoming the first Korean idols to ever author a "vacation guide". They created a collection of their travels and titled their guide, Children of the Sun. The book was released on December 8, 2011. Shinee participated in 2011 Winter SMTown – The Warmest Gift album with the cover of the song "Last Christmas". The compilation album by SM artists was released on December 13, 2011.
Shinee held a commemorative live concert in honor of the successful release of their first Japanese album, The First, at the Tokyo International Forum Hall A on December 24, 2011. The live concert took place three times in order to accommodate the 15,000 fans that won a lottery to attend. They performed a total of six songs including their Japanese debut single, Replay (Kimi wa Boku no Everything) and Lucifer, as well as a new song in their album called To Your Heart. Shinee released a new concert photobook on December 26, 2011 with pictures from their Asia tour concert, Shinee The 1st Concert: Shinee World, along with behind-the-scenes, rehearsal, and waiting room photos, all amounting to a total of 192 pages. On December 28, 2011 Tower Records Japan announced that Shinee had won the 'Artist of the Year' award at the K-Pop Lovers! Awards 2011, beating out other K-Pop groups for the award.
2012: Sherlock, first Japan Arena Tour and second Asia tour
Shinee made their Korean comeback a year and six months after the release of Hello, with the announcement of their fourth mini album, entitled Sherlock. The digital version of the album, was released online through various online music sources, such as Korean music portals and iTunes, on March 19, 2012. The physical copies of the Sherlock album was released on March 21, 2012 in South Korea. On March 22, 2012 Shinee's music video for their title song "Sherlock" was released on SM Entertainment's YouTube channel.
The single "Sherlock" was released in Japan on May 16, 2012. They also started their first Japan nationwide concert tour titled "Shinee World 2012" on April 25, 2012. The tour took a total of 20 concerts in Fukuoka, Sapporo, Nagoya, Osaka, Kobe, Tokyo and Hiroshima. Their first ever Japanese arena tour set a record for the most people in attendance for a Korean act's first Japan tour with total of 200,000 people.
On May 20, 2012, Shinee participated in the SMTown Live World Tour III alongside their label-mates at Honda Center in Anaheim, California. SM Entertainment announced on June 14, 2012 that Shinee will hold their second solo concert, Shinee World II. The tour kicked off in Seoul on July 21 and 22 at Olympic Gymnastics Arena.
Shinee released an original Japanese single, "Dazzling Girl", on October 10. The single sold 97,111 in first week and was chosen to be the theme song for the Japan TV Series "Sukkiri", which airs on every week, for October. To promote their new single, Shinee held "Dazzling Girl Special Showcase" on November 1 to 13 at all Zepp Hall in Fukuoka, Osaka, Tokyo, Nagoya, and Sapporo.
On September 1, 2012 Shinee's official Japanese fanclub Shinee World J opened at 12:00JST. To commemorate the opening, Shinee held official fanclub events called "Shinee World J Fanclub Event 2012" on December 20, 2012 at Osaka-jō Hall and on December 24, 2012 at Makuhari Messe. On October 4, 2012 EMI announced Shinee's first social game called "SHINee My Love" released October 10. The game is handled by the social gaming network for Android & iOS, mobage.
On November 19, 2012, along with actor Kim Soo-hyun, Shinee won the "Ministry of Culture Award" at South Korea's Ministry of Culture, Sports & Tourism and Korea Creative Content Agency's (KOCCA) annual award show, "Korean Popular Culture & Arts Award" at Seoul Olympic Hall.
On November 30, 2012 Shinee attended 2012 Mnet Asian Music Awards, which was held in Hong Kong, winning "Best Dance Performance - Male Group" for their latest Korean single, "Sherlock (Clue + Note)".
2013: Dream Girl, Why So Serious?, Boys Meet U and Everybody
On January 15, 2013, Shinee attended The 27th Golden Disk Award, which was held in Kuala Lumpur at Sepang International Circuit and crowned with the Popularity Award for the third time after winning the same title in their mega successful years of 2009 and 2010 and claim the honorable Disk Bonsang for "Sherlock" as their second Bonsang to date, with the last being a trophy for "Lucifer" in 2010.
On February 3, 2013, MBC announced that Shinee would be starring in their own Lunar New Year special entitled "Shinee's Wonderful Day" to air on the 10th. The special features the Shinee members visiting and enjoying themselves in their respective various countries. For the special, Onew visited Thailand, Jonghyun visited Japan, Key and Minho visited England, and Taemin visited Switzerland. The teaser was released on February 4, which featured the members practicing the choreography for "Dream Girl."
On February 7, 2013 S.M. Entertainment announced that Shinee's third Korean album will be released on domestic music sites on February 19 and the title track will be called "Dream Girl". They also released Key's teaser pictures. Taemin's teaser pictures were released on February 8. Jonghyun's pictures were released on February 9  and Minho's pictures on the February 10. The last individual teasers featuring Onew were released on February 11. The group teaser pictures were released on February 12. They released an additional group teaser on February 13, along with the information that the title track "Dream Girl" would be acid electro funk and produced by Shin Hyuk and Joombas Music Factory.
On February 14, Shinee held the event "Melon Premiere Shinee Music Spoiler" at the Olympus Hall in Seoul, where they revealed six out of the nine songs on the album to 100 music reviewers. There Shinee announced that not only were they releasing a third album, but that it would be split into two versions. The first part would be released on the 19th, titled Chapter 1. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of You and the second part called Chapter 2. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of Me will release in April. They also revealed three songs off the second album. Shinee also revealed the choreography for the title song "Dream Girl", which was choreographed by Tony Testa, who previously worked with Shinee on Sherlock. The making of the music video was also shown which showed the members jumping on trampolines and using running machines.
On February 16, SM released the highlight medley for Chapter 1. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of You. SM released the music video teaser for "Dream Girl" on February 18. Shinee released Chapter 1. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of You on February 19, 2013 in the U.S. on iTunes. Several hours later Shinee officially released the music video and dance version for "Dream Girl" on February 19. The album was then physically released on February 20.
SM Entertainment revealed on April 17 that Shinee unfortunately with the exception of Jonghyun, will soon be returning with the release of the latter half, which has been renamed from "Chapter 2. Dream Girl – The Misconceptions of Me" to "Why So Serious? – The Misconceptions of Me". The release will take place on April 29, 2013. They will promote as four members in the beginning due to Jonghyun's injury. SM commented, "Jonghyun was discharged from the hospital last weekend, and until he is fully healed, he'll be focusing on treatments." 
On April 1, 2013, EMI Music Japan was completely merged into Universal Music Japan as a sublabel by the name EMI Records Japan as a result of Universal Music's purchase of EMI in September 2012. All the artists from EMI Music Japan will continue releasing material at Universal Music Japan while still maintaining the catalogue code (TOCT).
On May 5, Universal Music Japan revealed that Shinee would release their second Japanese album "Boys Meet U" on June 26. On June 07, EMI revealed that Shinee would host "Boys Meet U" special events throughout Japan in October. On June 22, Universal Music Japan released the preview for the upcoming music video for the song "Breaking News". This is the group's first release under Universal Music Japan as a result of EMI's dissolution and absorption into Universal Music in April 2013. On June 28, 2013 Shinee started their second Japan nationwide concert tour in Saitama.
On August 1, SM revealed that Shinee will release the combination of their two Korean album chapters The Misconceptions of You and The Misconceptions of Me as The Misconceptions of Us on August 8. The repackage includes two new songs: Selene 6.23 and Better Off.
Universal Music Japan revealed that Shinee will release "Boys Meet U", their eighth Japanese single, on August 21. Besides. "Boys Meet U", the release also included "Sunny Day Hero" and Japanese version of "Dream Girl", all of which were performed during their second Japan arena tour.
On September 29, 2013, S.M. Entertainment announced that Shinee's fifth EP Everybody will be released on October 14. SM announced on October 3, 2013 that Shinee would perform at the Gangnam Festival 2013 for their comeback special, titled "SHINee COMEBACK SPECIAL in Gangnam Hallyu Festival".
On November 6, 2013, S.M. Entertainment announced its week-long music festival called SM Town Week. Shinee's concert, titled The Wizard, opened the event on December 21, showcasing the group's hit songs and tracks from the 3rd album, including "Hitchhiking" and "Nightmare".
2014–present: SHINee WORLD III
On January 29, 2014 S.M. Entertainment announced that Shinee will be holding their 3rd Korean solo concert in March named SHINee World III, later more shows were added - in North and South America. On February 24 the mayor of Gangnam District, Shin Yeon-hee, announced that Shinee have been appointed honorary ambassadors of Gangnam District, Seoul.
On April 2, SHINee released a live concert album from their second solo concert titled 'SHINee THE 2nd CONCERT ALBUM SHINee WORLD Ⅱ in Seoul'. This album consists of two CDs with total 29 tracks.
|Stage name||Birth name||Birthday |
|Onew||온유||Lee Jin-ki||이진기||李珍基||December 14, 1989|
|Jonghyun||종현||Kim Jong-hyun||김종현||金鐘鉉||April 8, 1990|
|Key||키||Kim Ki-bum||김기범||金起範||September 23, 1991|
|Minho||민호||Choi Min-ho||최민호||崔珉豪||December 9, 1991|
|Taemin||태민||Lee Tae-min||이태민||李泰民||July 18, 1993|
Image and artistry
Shinee is known for their fashion style, created by designer Ha Sang Baek (하상백), which features high-top sneakers, skinny jeans and colorful sweaters. Their style has created a fashion trend amongst students which the media dubbed the "SHINee Trend". With the release of 2009, Year of Us Shinee's style became more mature, though still contained Shinee's unique image. Furthermore instead of working with famous artists and photographers, SM Entertainment's Visual and Art Directing department usually works with up-and-coming talents with new ideas for Shinee's concepts.
|2009||Part 1: Shinee Day 
|July 16, 2009||Photobook (150 pages) + Postcards|
|2009||Part 2: Shinee Night 
|September 25, 2009||Book (168 pages) + DVD|
|2011||Shinee in Barcelona: Children of the Sun 
3rd photobook; travel essay book
|December 8, 2011||Book (328 pages), Online bookstore (240 pages)|
|2011||Shinee The 1st Concert Photobook: Shinee World 
1st concert photobook
|December 28, 2011||Paper copy (192 pages) + 12 pages booklet|
|2013||SHINee Surprise Vacation 
4th photobook; travel note
|May 25, 2013||Online bookstore, Book|
|2012||Japan Arena Tour Album "SHINee World 2012" 
|December 19, 2012||Photobook (132 pages)|
- The 1st Concert "Shinee World" (2010-2011)
- The 2nd Concert "Shinee World II" (2012)
- The 3rd Concert "Shinee World III" (2014) 
- Shinee - Festival Tour in Taipei (2013) 
- Shinee - Festival Tour in Shanghai (2013) 
- SM Town Week: Shinee's "The Wizard" (2013)
- Shinee - Festival Tour in Hong Kong (2014) 
- The 1st Japan Arena Tour "Shinee World 2012" (2012)
- The 2nd Japan Arena Tour "Shinee World 2013" (2013)
- SMTown Live '08 (2008-2009)
- SMTown Live '10 World Tour (2010-2011)
- SMTown Live World Tour III (2012-2013)
- Japan Debut Premium Reception Tour (2011)
- Dazzling Girl Special Showcase (2012)
- Fire Special Showcase (2013)
- 2012: I AM.
- 2012: SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Special Edition in 3D
- 2008: My Precious Child (Cameo Ep. 9 and 10)
- 2013: You're the Best, Lee Soon-shin (Cameo Ep. 1)
- 2008: Mnet Shinee's Yunhanam
- 2009: You Hee-yeol's Sketchbook Ep 27 (13 Nov 2009) & 180 (08 March 2013)
- 2009: Star Golden Bell Ep 194 (19072008), Ep 258 (24102009)
- 2010: KBS Joy Shinee's Hello Baby
- 2012: KBS World Date with Shinee
- 2012: Shinhwa Broadcast Ep 12,13,14
- 2013: MBC Shinee's Wonderful Day
Music video appearances
- 2008: Casual Clothing Brand "Clride.n" with Min Hyo-rin 
- 2008: SK Networks "Smart School Uniform" with Victoria Song and Park Ji-yeon
- 2008-2009: Cosmetic brand "Nana's B"
- 2009: Sports brand "Reebok"
- 2009: Casual Clothing Brand "Clride.n" with Kim So-eun Kim So-eun
- 2009: Snack Food Brand "Ottogi" 
- 2009: Chicken Brand "Mexicana Chicken"
- 2010: Canned Coffee Brand "Santa Fe" 
- 2010-2012: Casual clothing "Maypole" 
- 2011: Internet Mall "Auction" 
- 2011: Japanese clothing brand "Right-On" 
- 2011-2012: Cosmetic brand "Etude House" with Sandara Park 
- 2012: Popular comic, "The Blade of the Phantom Master" for a new webtoon series titled "ENT" with SMTown
- 2013: Collaborates with Naver and Skechers: 'SHINee-designed' t-shirts and caps 
- 2013: Garena Mstar 
- 2013–present: Cosmetic brand "Etude House" with Krystal and Sulli 
- 2013–present: Sports brand Skechers 
Awards and nominations
- (Korean) "SM's new 5-member group - SHINee". Newsen. Kim Hyeong Woo. May 19, 2008. Retrieved May 21, 2008.
- "SHINee Open to New Opportunities". The Korea Times. Han, Sang-hee. November 10, 2008. Retrieved November 25, 2008.
- (Japanese) "SHINee". SM Entertainment Japan and EMI Music Japan. Retrieved December 26, 2010.
- (Japanese) "SHINee who is bursting with popularity, releasing a ballad for the first time as their new single". November 4, 2012. Retrieved November 05, 2012, 2009. [dead link]
- Lee, Jeonghyeok (2011-12-25). "샤이니, 내녀 4월 일본 첫 전국투어 나선다". Sports Choseon. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- Universal Music UK Announces Launch of Virgin EMI Records. Billboard (2013-03-18). Retrieved on 2013-07-16.
- "Profile". SHINee Official WebSite. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- (Korean)"2008 First Half-year Sales". Music Industry Association of Korea. Archived from the original on August 22, 2008. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- (Korean) "Jewelry, ET Unique Martial Arts, Dance, Dance In Public". Star News. June 7, 2008. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- (Korean) "Photo-Shinee "Poses a Different"". Star News. June 7, 2008. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- (Korean) "ROOKIE OF THE MONTH". June 23, 2008. Retrieved 2009-02-04.
- "Concerts to Rock Independence Day". The Korea Times. Han, Sang-hee. August 10, 2008. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- (Korean) "Lee Hyori- 2 Gold The Harmony". Star News. August 23, 2008. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- (Korean) "SHINee "Newcomer Goals, Still Stands Out!" (Interview)". Star News. August 28, 2008. Retrieved January 9, 2009.
- (Korean) "August Album Sales". Music Industry Association of Korea. Retrieved January 18, 2009.[dead link]
- (Korean) "SHINee Sanso Gateun Neo (Love Like Oxygen)". Star News. August 20, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.
- "SHINee iple Album Review Page, In English". S.M. Entertainment. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- (Korean) "SHINee, No. 1 Debut, The First Four Months Tears". Joins. October 26, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.[dead link]
- "5th Asia Song Festival Bigger Than Ever". The Korea Times. Cathy Rose A. Garcia. September 19, 2008. Retrieved January 18, 2009.
- (Korean) "SHINee - Michael Jackson Surprise Transformation". Joins. October 30, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.[dead link]
- (Korean) "SHINee New Song, Amigo". Yahoo Korea. October 26, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.
- (Korean) "SHINee and Davichi Win At MKMF". Newsen. November 15, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.
- (Korean) "Golden Disk SHINee Newcomer". Joins. December 10, 2008. Retrieved January 19, 2009.[dead link]
- (Korean) "Shinee wins Best Newcomer Award at Seoul Music Awards". Newsen. 12 February 2009. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- (Korean) "샤이니, 로미오로 누나들 마음 '설레게 한다'". IB Times. May 12, 2009. Retrieved May 12, 2009.
- (Korean) Im, I-rang (May 20, 2009). "SHINee's Onew Injures Front Teeth Two Days Before Comeback Performance". MyDaily. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- (Korean) Park, Se-yeon. '로미오' 변신 샤이니 '줄리엣' 노래하다..21일 2nd 미니앨범 공개 (SHINee Change into "Romeos" and sing "Juliette"...2nd Mini-Album Released on 21st). Newsen. May 18, 2009. Retrieved November 12, 2009.
- (Korean) Kang, Seung-hoon (May 21, 2009). "SHINee Releases Second Mini Album on 1-Year Anniversary". Asia Economy. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- (Korean) Kim, Hyeong-wu. 샤이니 컴백 첫무대에 눈물흘린 사연은? 신곡 '줄리엣' 뮤직뱅크 1위 대박 (SHINee's Reason for Crying on First Comeback Performance? New Song "Juliette" is Music Bank #1). Joins.com/Newsen. June 5, 2009. Retrieved June 5, 2009.
- "SHINee The 1st Photobook - Part. 1: SHINee Day".
- (Korean) 샤이니, 19일 세번째 앨범 발표 (SHINee, Third Mini-album Released on 19th). Yonhap News. October 8, 2009. Retrieved October 7, 2009.
- (Korean) 샤이니 19일 깜짝 컴백 '파격 변신 선언 기대증폭' (SHINee Returning Surprisingly on 19th, Exceptional Qualities to be Showcased). Joins.com/Newsen. October 31, 2009. Retrieved October 7, 2009.
- (Korean) '거친 남자' 샤이니, 카리스마 '링딩동' 14일 공개 (Tough SHINee, Charismatic 'Ring Ding Dong' to be Released on 14th). Eco Today. October 12, 2009. Retrieved October 12, 2009.
- (Korean) "Shinee wins Popularity Award". Newsen. 10 December 2009. Retrieved March 25, 2010.
- (Korean) "유이 탁재훈 '제19회 하이원 서울가요대상 더블MC 맡았어요'". Joins!. February 3, 2010. Retrieved February 3, 2010.[dead link]
- "SHINee(샤이니)_LUCIFER_티져무비(TEASER MOVIE)". SM Entertainment. YouTube. July 14, 2010. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- (Korean) "Countdown to SHINee's Comeback + flame's Revealed Concept Teaser Photo". Newsen. July 8, 2010. Retrieved July 13, 2010.
- (Korean) "샤이니, 민호 부상 딛고 23일 '뮤직뱅크' 컴백". Newsen. July 17, 2010. Retrieved July 15, 2010.
- "SHINee(샤이니)_LUCIFER_뮤직비디오(MusicVideo) HD". SM Entertainment. YouTube. July 19, 2010. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- "샤이니, '루시퍼' 음반·음원차트 1위 '올킬'" (in Korean). Baek, Sol-mi. July 20, 2010. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- "The Second Album: Lucifer - Introduce". smtown.com. Retrieved 2010-07-26.[dead link]
- "SHINee(샤이니) - LUCIFER_Dance ver.". SM Entertainment. YouTube. August 3, 2010. Retrieved October 7, 2010.
- SM Entertainment to launch world tour The Korea Times. July 2, 2010. Retrieved July 5, 2010.
- (Korean) "SM 타운 LA 공연, 美 빌보드 선정 세계 공연 흥행 10위 기염". My Daily. October 15, 2010. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- Jonathan Hicap: SM Entertainment artists including Super Junior to hold world tour[dead link]. Manila Bulletin. July 3, 2010. Retrieved July 4, 2010
- "SM Town Live in Tokyo rescheduled for September". April 27, 2011. Retrieved May 9, 2011.[dead link]
- "SM Town wraps up world tour at N.Y.". koreaherald.com. The Korea Herald. October 24, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee - JAPAN DEBUT SINGLE 「Replay -君は僕のeverything-」Music Video". Retrieved May 27, 2011.
- "ゴールド等認定作品一覧 2011年06月" [Works Receiving Certifications List (Gold, etc) (June 2011)]. RIAJ (in Japanese). July 10, 2011. Retrieved July 14, 2011.
- "SHINee - JULIETTE (Japanese ver.) Music video - full". Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "SHINee - 「LUCIFER」Music Video". Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee sets a new record in the 44 year history of the Oricon". allkpop.com. Allkpop. October 19, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee to release first Japanese album in November". allkpop.com. Allkpop. October 17, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee's The First tracklist is made public". soompi.com. Soompi. November 7, 2011. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "SHINee to perform at the London Korean Film Festival". "theeast.org. Retrieved December 31, 2011.
- "SHINee's London concert tickets sell out in a minute". allkpop.com. October 31, 2011. Retrieved November 1, 2011.
- "SHINee's Onew, Key, and Taemin to release book about their travels in Barcelona". allkpop.com. November 18, 2011. Retrieved November 18, 2011.
- SM Town's 2011 Winter SMTown – The Warmest Gift release
- "SHINee announces their first Japanese tour at Christmas Eve event". allkpop.com. December 24, 2011. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- "SHINee to release a photobook of their 'SHINee World' Asia tour". Retrieved December 21, 2011.
- "SHINee wins 'Artist of the Year' aware at K-Pop Lovers! Awards 2011". allkpop.com. December 28, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- "'Sherlock' released digitally". allkpop.com. March 19, 2012. Retrieved March 19, 2012.
- "SHINee's "Sherlock" MV released". allkpop.com. March 22, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2012.
- Kim, JiYeon "SM Artists Take on SM Stock" Mnet News. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-30
- "SHINee to release japanese version of sherlock". allkpop.com. April 2, 2012. Retrieved April 2, 2012.
- (Japanese) "SHINee待望のアリーナツアー「THE FIRST JAPAN ARENA TOUR "SHINee WORLD 2012″」開催決定！！". shinee.jp. Retrieved 24 December 2011.[dead link]
- (Japanese) "SHINee「THE FIRST JAPAN ARENA TOUR "SHINee WORLD 2012"」追加公演決定！！". shinee.jp. Retrieved 13 February 2012.[dead link]
- "SHINee Successfully Completes Their First Japanese Arena Tour". soompi.com. Retrieved 3 July 2012.
- "Official photos from SMTOWN Live World Tour lll concert in California unveiled". allkpop.com. Retrieved 20 May 2012.
- "SHINee to hold second solo concert 'SHINee WORLD II' in July". allkpop.com. June 14, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- "SHINee to release new Japanese single 'Dazzling Girl'!". allkpop.com. Aug 16, 2012. Retrieved Aug 16, 2012.
- (Japanese) "New Single「Dazzling Girl」、日本テレビ系「スッキリ！！」10月テーマソングに決定！". shinee.jp. Sep 8, 2012. Retrieved Sep 8, 2012.
- (Japanese) "Dazzling Girl」 SPECIAL SHOWCASE". Retrieved 10 September 2012.[dead link]
- (Japanese) "Shinee World J". Retrieved 10 September 2012.
- (Japanese) "恋愛ソーシャルゲーム「SHINee My Love」10月10日配信開始！". Retrieved 4 October 2012.
- (Japanese) "2nd Original Japanese Single & Japan Arena Tour DVD Cover". Retrieved 1 November 2012.
- "Psy, 2NE1, SHINee, and Kim Soo Hyun awarded at 2012 Korean Popular Culture & Arts Award". allkpop.com. Nov 19, 2012.
- "121130 MAMA 2부 Best dace performance malegroup - SHINee". Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- SHINee victoriously crowned with the Disk Bonsang and Popularity Award at the 27th Golden Disk Awards
- (Japanese) "SHINee新シングル「Fire」にBACHLOGIC、D.O.I.ら参加". natalie.mu. February 1, 2013.
- (Korean) "샤이니, '어느 멋진 날'도 사랑해주세요'". news.nate.com. 2013-02-09.
- (Korean) "설 특집 MBC '샤이니의 어느 멋진 날' 민호, 런던에서 박지성을 만나다". news.nate.com. 2013-02-05.
- S.M. Entertainment announce SHINee's comeback
- (Korean) "샤이니 컴백, 태민 티저 이미지 공개…'Dream' 컨셉". news.nate.com. 2013-02-08.
- (Korean) "샤이니 종현 티저, 세련된 남성미 물씬". news.nate.com. 2013-02-09.
- (Korean) "샤이니 민호, 3집 티저 이미지 공개 '큐트+핸섬' 눈길". news.nate.com. 2013-02-10.
- (Korean) "샤이니 온유, 티저이미지 공개 '분위기 있네'". news.nate.com. 2013-02-11.
- (Korean) "샤이니 앨범시사회 '샤이니 뮤직스포일러' 특별 이벤트 개최". news.nate.com. 2013-02-12.
- (Korean) "컴백 샤이니 '드림걸' 저스틴비버 프로듀서 나섰다". news.nate.com. 2013-02-13.
- (Korean) ""자신감 있는 미리보기"…샤이니, '핫'한 뮤직 스포일러". dispatch.co.kr. 2013-02-14.
- "SHINee’s "Dream Girl" makes an all-kill on real time charts + clips from ‘SHINee Music Spoiler’ released". Retrieved Feb 19, 2013.
- "SHINee to return with ‘Why So Serious? – The Misconceptions of Me' on the 29th". allkpop.com. Apr 16, 2013.
- UNIVERSAL MUSIC JAPAN
- (Japanese) "SHINee日本オリジナルセカンドアルバム「Boys Meet U」6月26日（水）リリース決定". Retrieved 2013-05-15.
- (Japanese) "スペシャルイベントの詳細決定！メンバーから最新コメント動画も到着". Retrieved 2013-06-07.
- (Japanese) "新曲「Breaking News」ミュージックビデオ公開！". Retrieved 2013-06-21.
- "NEWS - LIVE - JAPAN ARENA TOUR SHINee WORLD 2013 ~ Boys Meet U ~". shinee.jp. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- "SHINee to combine two chapters in new album 'Misconceptions of Us'". Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "SHINee enjoys the beach on "Boys Meet U" MV teaser". Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- (Korean) "SHINee to come back with seventh release of the year titled "Everybody"". September 30, 2013. Retrieved September 30, 2013.
- (Korean) "SHINee's comeback special to broadcast live worldwide on Youtube + Minho's teasers released". October 3, 2013. Retrieved October 3, 2013.
- "SM Entertainment Presents Its First Music Festival, "SMTOWN Week"". news.nate.com. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- starsung. "More details on SHINee's solo concert 'The Wizard' to be held during 'SMTOWN WEEK'". allkpop. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- "SHINee to Hold 'SHINee WORLD III' Solo Concert This March". Retrieved 7 February 2014.
- "SHINee World Concert III in Latin America details". Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- "SHINee Appointed as Honorary Ambassadors of Gangnam". Retrieved March 7, 2014.
- "SHINee to release concert album featuring live versions of songs from their 2nd solo concert". Retrieved April 13, 2014.
- (Korean) "Shinee Profile". Retrieved November 19, 2013.
- (Korean) asiatoday.co.kr (2013-02-14). "샤이니, 정규 3집 수록곡 최초 공개 ″청량하게, 혹은 거칠게…역시 샤이니!″(종합)".
- (Korean) "샤이니, 화보집 'SHINee Day' 5일 만에 품절!". hankyung.com. 2009-07-27.
- (Korean) "샤이니, 두번째 화보집 'SHINee NIGHT' 대박행진". hankyung.com. 2009-10-12.
- (Korean) "샤이니 화보집, 'SHINee Night' 7일만에 완판". bizplace.co.kr. 2009-10-12.
- (Korean) "샤이니, 여행작가 데뷔 "어머니가 제일 좋아해요"". news.sportsseoul.com. 2011-12-13.
- (Korean) "샤이니 아시아 투어콘서트 포토북 26일 출시". ajunews.com. 2011-12-22.
- (Korean) 기사입력 (2013-05-16). "샤이니, 25일 여행서적 출간..16일부터 예약판매". http://news.naver.com.
- "SHINee Schedule". Retrieved October 23, 2012.
- "SHINee World III" to take place this March in Seoul
- '2013 SHINee Festival Tour in Taipei' in August!
- SHINee will hold a Tour in Shanghai on November 30, 2013
- SHINee Will Hold Concerts in Shanghai This Weekend and Hong Kong Next Year!
- "NEWS - LIVE -「Fire」SPECIAL SHOWCASE". shinee.jp. April 2, 2013. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- (Korean) "리뉴얼 마친 클라이드.n 뉴페이스에 샤이니, 민효린". Fashion Journal. 2008-06-24.
- (Korean) 홍재현 기자 (2008-07-28). "샤이니, 인기 아이돌그룹 '교복 모델' 계보 잇는다". 동아일보.
- (Korean) 인터넷뉴스팀 (2008-11-24). "LG생활건강, 아이돌 밴드 '샤이니' 영입...10대 화장품 나나스비 모델 전속계약". 아시아투데이.
- (Korean) 뉴스엔 엔터테인먼트부 (2009-01-05). "샤이니 리복 새얼굴로 활동, 전속모델발탁". 뉴스엔. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- (Korean) 윤지선 기자 (2009-07-21). "클라이드.n 샤이니&김소은 전속모델 발탁!". 패션저널.
- SHINee - Ottogi Noodle Snack CF 30s
- (Korean) 정은미 기자 (2009-11-24). "샤이니도 치킨 모델 합류". 아이뉴스24.
- (Korean) "[포토엔]샤이니 온유 '카리스마 눈빛' 강렬하네~". joinsmsn. 2011-02-21.
- (Korean) "샤이니 이솜, 메이폴 전속모델 발탁 '진정한 패셔니스타'". joinsmsn. 2010-12-30.
- (Korean) "메이폴, 2011년 새모델 샤이니, 이솜 선정". joinsmsn. 2010-12-31.
- (Korean) "샤이니 장난꾸러기 변신, 비행기 흉내 화보촬영[포토엔]". joinsmsn. 2011-08-22.
- (Korean) "[메이폴]의 대변신, 샤이니 이니셜 새긴 티셔츠로 확인". Fashion Journal. 2012-06-27.
- "SHINee and f(x) are now the main models for Auction". allkpop. 2011-02-17.
- (Korean) "샤이니ㆍf(x) "옥션 메인 모델 됐어요"". daum. 2011-02-17.
- (Japanese) "SHINee、Right-on新作イメキャラ就任 「ベストジーニスト賞欲しい」". oricon. 2011-08-31.
- (Japanese) "ライトオン、韓国グループSHINee（シャイニー）とコラボ". fashionsnap. 2011-09-01.
- (Korean) "샤이니 걸그룹 대세 뚫고 화장품 모델 발탁". Newsen. 2011-10-25.
- "Webtoon series 'ENT' releases illustrations of SHINee". Retrieved May 7, 2012.
- (Korean) "SHINee collaborates with Naver and Skechers". naver.com. 2013-06-10.
- (Korean) "스케쳐스, 샤이니 콜라보레이션 의류 선보여, 다섯 멤버의 개성과 색깔이 그대로!". nate.com. 2013-06-26.
- (Korean) "샤이니-네이버-스케쳐스가 만났다! 독특한 콜라보레이션 아이템 선봬". nate.com. 2013-06-27.
- (Chinese) "SHINee - Mstar Who's Next?". mstar.garena.tw. 2013-06-26.
- Sunwoo, Carla (9 January 2013). "F(x) members in the Etude House". Jangang Daily. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- Ho, Stewart (8 January 2013). "f(x)'s Sulli and Krystal Become the Faces of Etude House". enewsWorld. CJ E&M. Retrieved 12 January 2013.
- "SHINee officially announced as 'Skechers' new endorsement models". allkpop. 28 February 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Shinee.|
- Official website (Korean)
- Official website (Japanese)
- Official website (Chinese (Taiwan))
- SHINee's channel on YouTube