|Type||Infantry fighting vehicle|
|Place of origin||Belgium|
|Height||2.77 m (Including turret)|
|Crew||3 (+11 passenger)|
|Cockerill Mk III 90mm gun|
|7.62 mm anti-aircraft machine gun; 7.62 mm coaxial machine gun;|
|Engine||Diesel turbocharge MAN D 2566 MK 6-inline cylinder
|Speed||100 km/h (road)
11 km/h (water)
BN Constructions Ferroviaries et Métalliques started developing the SIBMAS in 1975 with the first prototype completed in 1976. The SIBMAS was developed solely for export market and Malaysia is the only customer. Malaysia ordered 186 units with the delivery started from June 1983 to early 1985. The model are still in active service with the Malaysian army.
- SIBMAS AFSV-90 ( Armoured Fire Support Vehicle ) - This variant is armed with 90 mm gun which is used as a fire support vehicle. The gun is integrated with CM90 CMI two man turret from Belgium with the addition of a FN MAG 7.62 x 51 mm coaxial machine gun and an anti-aircraft machine gun. Fire control system is LRS 5 from OIP Sensor Systems.
- SIBMAS ARV ( Armoured Recovery Vehicle ) - A recovery vehicle and equipped with a crane with lifting capacity up to 10,500 kg. The towing winch is installed at the front of the vehicle with pulling load up to 20,000 kg. This variant did not carry any troop but has two crew and a commander who also operate the vehicle recovery equipment.
- Malaysia Army - 186 units
- 162 SIBMAS AFSV-90
- 24 SIBMAS ARV
- SIBMAS armoured personnel carrier (Belgium), letzter Zugriff am 24. Mai 2010
- SIBMAS Technical DataSheet and pictures to Army Recognition site
- SIBMAS at GlobalSecurity.org.