The Iberoamerican Society of Digital Graphics (SIGraDi) gathers researchers, educators and professionals in architecture, urban design, communication design, Product Design and Art whose work involves the new digital media.
SIGraDi organizes a yearly Congress when the most recent and state of the art digital technologies and applications are presented and debated.
- 1 Goals
- 2 Annual Congress
- 3 Sister organizations
- 4 External links
- 5 References
Facilitate the interchange of information about digital graphics.
Connect research centers yet disconnected in Latin America.
Foster institutions and organs for the convergence and diffusion of each region's activities in the realm of Digital Graphics.
Keep a registry of people and institutions devoted to the production, research and education in our fields of knowledge.
Foster seminars and congresses.
SIGraDi congresses are intended as a region wide effort for the interchange of experiences, debate of our disciplines' advancements and the creation of references for the iberoamerican groups involved in digital media applied to education, research and professional practice
Views and reflexions. Theory. Philosophy. Architecture. Creativity and spatiality in design. Traditional and Digital desinerly logics. New paradigms. New cultural environments.
Computer Aided Design
Graphic computerized expression. Generated geometries. Modeling. Visualization. Animation. Hypermedia.
General aspects of didactics. Pedagogic strategies. Design of curricular and extra curricular systems for undergraduate and graduate courses.
Information networks for pedagogic proposals. Virtual classes. Discussion forae. Integration philosophy at national, iberoamerican and international levels.
Virtual surveying and reconstruction.
Professional Practice and Digital Technologies
The annual SIGraDi congress is the main event organised under auspices of the association. It is organised by a member in good standing, who volunteers for the organisation. The organiser is supported by members of the International Executive Committee.
During the years, SIGraDi has developed the policy to circulate the conference location in such a way that southern, central and northern areas of Latin America are reached regularly.
|1997||Buenos Aires||Universidad de Buenos Aires|
|1998||Mar del Plata||Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata|
|1999||Montevideo||Universidad de la República|
|2000||Rio de Janeiro||Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro|
|2001||Concepción||Universidad del Bio Bio|
|2002||Caracas||Universidad Central de Venezuela|
|2003||Rosario||Universidad Nacional de Rosario|
|2004||São Leopoldo||Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos|
|2005||Lima||Universidad Peruana de Ciencias Aplicadas|
|2006||Santiago||Universidad de Chile|
|2007||México, D. F.||Universidad La Salle|
|2008||La Habana||Instituto Superior Politécnico José Antonio Echeverría|
|2009||São Paulo||Universidade Presbiteriana Mackenzie|
|2010||Bogotá||Universidad de Los Andes|
|2011||Santa Fe||Universidad Nacional del Litoral|
|2012||Fortaleza||UFC, Estácio-FIC, IFCE, FA7, UNIFOR|
|2013||Valparaiso||Universidad Técnica Federico Santa María|
There are sister organizations around the world that provide more accessible regional forae for the discussion of computing and design. The major ones are
- eCAADe - Association for Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe, since 1982.
- CAADRIA - Association for Computer Aided Architectural Design in Asia, since 1996.
- ACADIA - Association for Computer Aided Design In Architecture, since 1981.
- ASCAAD - Arab Society for Computer Aided Architectural Design, since 2001.
Other organizations and resources
- [CAAD Futures] - Computer Aided Architectural Design Futures, since 1985.
- [CUMINCAD] - Cumulative Index of Computer Aided Architectural Design. with public CumInCAD records available via an Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH) feed and records are available via multiple bibliographic archives and citation indexes onine.
- http://www.ecaade.org - eCAADe (Education and research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe)
- http://cumincad.scix.net/ - CUMinCAD (Cumulative Index of CAD)
- http://www.architecturalcomputing.org/ - Homepage of International Journal of Architectural Computing
- http://www.acadia.org - ACADIA (Association for Computer Aided Design in Architecture)
- http://www.caadria.org - CAADRIA (Association for Computer Aided Architectural Design Research in Asia)
- http://www.ascaad.org - ASCAAD (Arab Society for Computer Aided Architectural Design)
- http://www.caadfutures.org - CAAD futures
- http://www.sigradi.org - SIGraDi (Sociedad Iberoamericana de Gráfica Digital)
- http://www.mackenzie.br/sigradi.html - SIGraDi 2009 Congress
- See more detailed information at http://www.sigradi.org
- See São Leopoldo Congress Website at http://ncg.unisinos.br/sigradi2004/
- Read: Paper 249c: CUMINCAD.ES: A First Step Towards Multilingual Digital Libraries in CAAD in http://www.scix.net/db/use/bibliography/Show?249c
- "Architexturez CumInCAD OAI-PMH Mirror". Architexturez. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "DBLP". UNI-Trier. Retrieved 24 November 2012.
- "Researchgate". Researchgate. Retrieved 22 September 2012.