SIPCOT IT Park
SIPCOT IT Park is the largest Information Technology Park in Asia, located in Padur, Siruseri, along the IT Corridor, Chennai, India. It is developed in 1000 acres (4 km2) of land by SIPCOT, the State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu, a fully government-owned institution.
TCS has acquired 70 acres (280,000 m²) of land at a cost of about Rs.13 crore at the new IT Park at Siruseri near Chennai. The $250-million TCS building built to house a staff of 30,000 working in it and designed by the Uruguayan architect Carlos Ott was inaugurated on 23 February 2001 by Danilo Astori, the vice-president of Uruguay. It is the largest IT office in Asia.
Other notable companies within SIPCOT include:
- Aspire Systems
- Yantro Softwares (P) Ltd
- Changepond Technologies
- Hexaware Technologies
- DATA PATTERN INDIA PVT LTDdatapatterns
- CareVoyant Technologies Private Ltd
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- iGATE Patni
- Financial Software & Systems (P) Ltd
- Placka Information Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Cornet Technologies India
- Computech Corporation
- Tychon Solutions Pvt Ltd 
- Decatrend Technologies
- Sensiple Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Educational institutions
- Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Madras Diabetes Research Foundation
- Institute for Technology and Management (ITM)
Most of the organizations within SIPCOT have their own transportation, including buses, tempo travellers and smaller vehicles, to ferry their employees.
The public buses that stop at SIPCOT are 21H (going to Broadway), 570 and 568C (going to CMBT), 519 and 19B (going to T Nagar), M19B,523 (going to Thiruvanmiyur), M5 (going to Adyar), T151 (going to Tambaram), 552k (Keelkatalai to kovalam), 517K (Pallavaram to kelambakkam) and 517T (Pallavaram to Thiruporur). All these buses originate at Kelambakkam and Covelong.
Most of the giant companies have their shuttle services till 11.30 or 12 PM depends on org. Auto rickshaw charges Rs 20 for one passenger more than one KM and 15 for one passenger less than 1 km and 5 passengers are ferried in one trip.
On November 2012 onwards, CMTC has introduced special AC/Deluxe bus services to SIPCOT as follows,
- 570S From CMBT – 8 Buses.
- 570 From [From CMBT to Kelambakam] – 8 Buses.
- 21H From Chennai to Kelambakam - 2 Buses
- 219B From [Madhyakailash] via Medavakkam, velachery - 3 Buses
- 119B From [Madhyakailash] via Kamakshi hospital, Pallavarm ring road, velachery - 3 Buses
- 319B From [Madhyakailash] via OMR - 3 Buses