SIPCOT IT Park
SIPCOT IT Park is the largest Information Technology Park in Asia, located in Padur, Siruseri, along the IT Corridor, Chennai, India. It is developed in 1000 acres (4 km2) of land by SIPCOT, the State Industries Promotion Corporation of Tamil Nadu, a fully government-owned institution.
TCS has acquired 70 acres (280,000 m²) of land at a cost of about Rs.13 crore at the new IT Park at Siruseri near Chennai. The $250-million TCS building built to house a staff of 30,000 working in it and designed by the Uruguayan architect Carlos Ott was inaugurated on 23 February 2001 by Danilo Astori, the vice-president of Uruguay. It is the largest IT office in Asia. The Pin code of SIPCOT IT Park, Padur is 603103.
. It has parking space to accomadate 2000 cars. A signature tower is being built 132 metres high with 28 floors.
Other notable companies within SIPCOT include:
- Sensiple Software Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Newgen Software Technologies
- Aspire Systems
- Yantro Softwares (P) Ltd
- Changepond Technologies
- Hexaware Technologies
- DATA PATTERN INDIA PVT LTD
- CareVoyant Technologies Private Ltd
- Cognizant Technology Solutions
- IGATE Global Solutions
- Financial Software & Systems (P) Ltd
- Placka Information Technologies Pvt Ltd
- Cornet Technologies India
- Computech Corporation
- Tychon Solutions Pvt Ltd 
- Jean Martin Inc
- Decatrend Technologies
- Educational institutions
- Chennai Mathematical Institute
- Mohamed Sathak A.J College of Engineering
- Madras Diabetes Research Foundation
- Institute for Technology and Management (ITM)
Most of the organizations within SIPCOT have their own transportation, including buses, tempo travellers and smaller vehicles, to ferry their employees.
The public buses that stop at SIPCOT are 21H (going to Broadway), 521H (Broadway to Thiruporur), 570 and 568C (going to CMBT), 519 and 19B (going to T Nagar), M19B,523 (going to Thiruvanmiyur), M5 (going to Adyar), B19(Kelambakkam to Sholinganallur) T151 (going to Tambaram), 552k (Keelkatalai to kovalam), 517K (Pallavaram to kelambakkam) and 517T (Pallavaram to Thiruporur). All these buses originate at Kelambakkam and Covelong.
Most of the giant companies have their shuttle services till 11.30 or 12 PM depends on org. Auto rickshaw charges Rs 20 for one passenger more than one KM and 15 for one passenger less than 1 km and 5 passengers are ferried in one trip.
From November 2012 onwards, CMTC has introduced special AC/Deluxe bus services to SIPCOT as follows,
- 570S From CMBT – 8 Buses.
- 570 From CMBT to Kelambakam – 8 Buses.
- 21H From Chennai to Kelambakam - 2 Buses
- 19B (Cut Service) - Saidapet to Siruseri
- 570A From Ambattur to Siruseri
- 219 From Avadi to Siruseri
- 219B From Madhyakailash via Medavakkam, velachery - 3 Buses
- 119B From Madhyakailash via Kamakshi hospital, Pallavarm ring road, velachery - 3 Buses
- 319B From Madhyakailash via OMR - 3 Buses
The victim, a 24-year-old woman went missing while she was on her way home on the night of 13 February 2014 after work in Siruseri IT park. She was last seen alive in a CCTV footage of her leaving office alone at 10:14 PM local time. A body, later found in a bush within the SIPCOT IT Park premises by passers-by, was identified as hers. She was raped and murdered on February 13 and her decomposed body was recovered on 22 February 2014. Three Construction workers are accused and arrested by the CB-CID police. Close on the heels of the rape and murder of the employee, women's groups held discussions and protests in the city. They demanded a proactive approach by the government and the corporate sector in ensuring women's safety.