SITD during their performance at Castle Party 2008
|Origin||Ruhr Area, Germany|
Thomas 'Tom' Lesczenski
Francesco 'Frank' D'Angelo
|Past members||Thorsten Lau, Andrè Sorge|
SITD was founded by Jacek and Lau in the Ruhr Area of Germany. In the next three years they self produced and released their first two albums, mourning country (1996) and Atomic (1999). In 1999, Lau left the band to be replaced by Thomas Lesczenski. In 2001, Andrè Sorge joined the band and they toured with VNV Nation and XPQ-21 on the Futureperfect tour. In 2001, SITD also released their largest hit single to-date, Snuff Machinery, which made liberal use of sampled dialogue from the German dub of the film 8mm, a 1999 US thriller dealing with snuff films. Sorge left the band by the end of the year.
In 2003, Francesco D'Angelo joined SITD and they released the EP Laughingstock and then the full length album Stronghold. Stronghold reached the 2nd Position in the Top Album National category for 2003 on the Deutsche Alternative Chart (DAC). They also performs at two major festivals: M'era Luna and Infest.
In 2005, they released the Coded Message:12 album as well as the EPs Richtfest and Odyssey:13. The band went on their Coded Message tour, and performed once again at the Zillo and M'era Luna festivals, as well as support act on VNV Nation's Formation Tour. By the end of the year they were in 3rd Position in the Top Single Act National category for 2005 on the Deutsche Alternative Chart (DAC).
In 2007, they featured as one of two acts (alongside Painbastard) on the double EP Klangfusion Vol.1. This was a prelude to the band's 3rd full length album Bestie:Mensch. The limited edition of this album featured a 2nd CD compiling a number of remixes SITD had assembled for other bands over the years. In 2008 the band remixed two songs from Industrial Metal group Eisbrecher's Sünde album This is Deutsch and Kann denn Liebe Sünde Sein.
- 2005:Coded Message: 12
- 2002:Snuff E.P.
- 2007:Klangfusion Vol. 1 - Kreuzgang/Nyctophobia (Double single, Split with Painbastard)
- "SITD official Homepage". Bandhistory. SITD. Retrieved 2007-04-14. "SITD stands for "Shadows In The Dark", which is a metaphorical expression for the music and lyrical content of the band."
- "DAC ACTS & LABELS 2003". Deutsche Alternative Charts (in German). trendcharts.de. 2003. Retrieved 2006-10-30.
- "DAC ACTS & LABELS 2005". Deutsche Alternative Charts (in German). trendcharts.de. 2005. Retrieved 2006-10-30.
- "CONFIRMED AS SPECIAL GUESTS ON VNV NATION’S "FAITH, POWER AND GLORY TOUR" – US – SPRING 2010!". Germany. 2010-02-06. Retrieved 2011-08-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to SITD.|