SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
Subsidiary of SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings Inc.
Industry Telecommunication
Founded November 10, 1994
Headquarters Minato, Tokyo, Japan
Key people
Masanori Akiyama, President, CEO
Products Fixed service satellite
Direct broadcast satellite
Multi-channel pay TV platform
Revenue ¥145,412,000,000
Number of employees
660
Parent SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings Inc. (100%)
Subsidiaries OptiCast Inc. (100%)
JSAT International Inc. (100%)
Satellite Network, Inc. (92%)
Cable Television Adachi Corp. (77.3%)
SKY Perfect Mobile Inc. (100%)
SKY Perfect Well Think,Co.Ltd. (100%)
Data Network Center Corporation (51%)
JSAT MOBILE Communications (53.3%)
Website Official website

SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation (スカパーJSAT株式会社 Sukapā JSAT Kabushikigaisha?) is a Japanese direct broadcast satellite television company the operates the SKY PerfecTV! satellite network.

Overview[edit]

On April 2, 2007, JSAT Corporation and SKY Perfect Communications established SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation, which was a holding company, by stock transfer. JSAT Corporation and SKY Perfect Communications became 100% subsidiaries of the holding company.

On June 27, 2008, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation changed its name to SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings Inc.

On March 31, 2008, SKY Perfect JSAT Holdings Inc. acquired 97 per cent of the shares of Space Communications Corporation, which became a subsidiary, and on October 1, 2008, they acquired the remaining 3 per cent of the stock.

On the same day, JSAT Corporation, SKY Perfect Communications, and Space Communications Corporation merged, and the resulting company is called SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation.