|Headquarters||333 West San Carlos Street, #1250
San Jose, California, U.S.
Number of employees
SLI Systems is a public company that sells on-demand site search software to large e-commerce websites. The acronym part of the company name stands for Search, Learn and Improve, which refers to the way the software learns from the users' search behavior, and the way the user experience is continuously improved.
SLI has offices in San Jose, Christchurch (New Zealand), Tokyo, Melbourne and London. The company has over 400 clients internationally, including, FTD, 7 for all Mankind, Folica, Harry & David,and Americal Bridal .
SLI's main product, Learning Search, is not based on algorithms as are many search technologies; instead it uses the behavior of its users to determine the search results. The company also sells a user-generated search engine optimization (SEO) product called Site Champion, and a site navigation product called Learning Navigation. In 2007 the company updated its site search technology to increase the number of pages it can index from 1.5 million to around 5 million.
The brothers Shaun and Grant Ryan started up SLI Systems with technology originally developed at GlobalBrain, a company started in 1998. It was later acquired by the internet arm of US media company, NBC, called NBCi in April, 2000 for US$32 million. However, months later, all their millions "disappeared" with the dot-com crash, Shaun Ryan said.
- "SLI Systems boosts internet search power". The Press. October 23, 2007. Retrieved November 12, 2011.
- SLI Systems's customers
- SLI Systems Board of Directors SLI Systems
- Mccrone, John: Search engine success in Christchurch The Press January 16, 2007.
- SLI Systems About Us SLI Systems
- "Tait's service to the export sector hailed". The Press. November 16, 2007. Retrieved November 12, 2011.