SM City Davao
|Location||Quimpo Blvd cor. Tulip and Ecoland Drive, Ecoland Subd., Brgy. Matina, Davao City, Philippines|
|Developer||SM Prime Holdings|
|Management||SM Prime Holdings|
|Owner||Henry Sy, Sr.|
|Total retail floor area||125,143 m2 (1,347,030 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||
|Website||SM City Davao|
SM City Davao reffered locally in the area as "SM Ecoland" by residents, is an indoor shopping mall in Quimpo Boulevard, Davao City, Philippines. SM Prime Holdings developed and manages the mall. SM City Davao, the first SM Mall in the Mindanao region, opened to the public on November 17, 2001.
SM City Davao, built on 13.2 hectares of land. with a gross floor area of 78,735 square metres (847,500 sq ft). Floor space expanded to cover 125,143 square metres (1,347,030 sq ft) after the opening of The Annex on March 9, 2012. The mall is at Quimpo Boulevard. A transportation terminal constructed beside the mall accommodates visitors.
The Main Mall is a 3-level square-shaped building with anchor tenants SM Department Store, SM Supermarket, and SM Cinemas. It has many local and international store brands along with the old Entertainment Center, and the former Cyberzone.
Cyberzone opened on March 9, 2012. It can be temporarily accessed using the bridge connecting the main building and The Annex and using the back entrance of The Annex. The ground floor, blocked by steel railings, cannot be accessed.
Annex Construction collapsed incident
Five construction workers were removing the scaffolding of the cemented steel canopy when the canopy collapsed due to metal fatigue. The victims were Prudencio Custorio, Alvin Rapista, Ronie Mosqueda, Rogelio Piodo and Ruel Inampas. They suffered bruises and wounds, and the rescue team brought them to the Southern Philippines Medical Center. Mayor Inday Sara Duterte ordered construction stopped during the investigation. The reason of the collapsed canopy was due to an error in construction method, according to Engineer Jaime Adalin, the chief of Davao City Building Office.
Davao bombing incidents
The mall was subjected to one of the two terrorist bombings that occurred in September 17, 2013, the other one being at Gaisano Mall of Davao after the blast site. It happened during the time of armed crisis in Zamboanga City, which involved elements of the Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF); however, the MNLF Davao Regional Command denied that they were behind the bombings.
- SM Prime Holdings
- SM City General Santos
- SM City Cagayan de Oro
- SM Lanang Premier
- SM City Cebu
- SM Seaside City Cebu
- "Board of Directors". SM Prime. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Castro, Albert (30 May 2011). "SM Mall sets VisMin expansion". Malaya Business Insight. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Mall List". SM Prime. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Avellanosa, Nonoy. "SM Ecoland Terminal in Davao". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "SM City Davao". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "The Annex SM City Davao’s Cyberzone Soft Opening March 9, 2012". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "The Annex: SM City Davao Expansion". Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "5 sugatan sa pagguho ng canopy ng SM Mall sa Davao City". Bombo Radyo (in Filipino/Tagalog). 15 December 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Dura, Alger (15 December 2011). "Canopy collapses; 5 workers injured". Sun.Star Davao. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- Paloma, Jereco (20 December 2011). "Canopy not in approved mall renovation permit". Sun.Star Davao. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- SM Prime Holdings
- SM City Davao
- Official Blog of SM City Davao
- SM Ecoland Terminal
- SM City Davao Cinema @Juice.ph
SM City Sucat
|12th SM Supermall
SM City Cagayan de Oro