SM City San Pablo
"We've got it all for you!"
"Taking the shopping experience to the next level!"
|Location||Maharlika Highway, Riverina Residential and Commercial Estates, Brgy. San Rafael, San Pablo City, Laguna, Philippines|
|Opening date||October 1, 2010|
|Developer||SM Prime Holdings|
|Management||SM Prime Holdings|
|Owner||Henry Sy, Sr|
|Architect||DA Abcede and Associates|
|No. of stores and services||80+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||56,086 m2 (603,700 sq ft) |
|No. of floors||2|
|Parking||More than 600 cars|
|Website||SM City San Pablo Official Website|
SM City San Pablo is the 38th shopping mall owned by SM Prime Holdings. SM City San Pablo is the 2nd SM Supermall Franchise in the Province of Laguna. It is located at the entrance of Riverina Residential and Commercial Estates in Maharlika Highway, Brgy. San Rafael, San Pablo City, Laguna and has a gross floor area of 56,086  featuring SM anchor tenants like SM Department Store, SM Supermarket, SM Food Court, SM Cinemas, SM Appliance Center and more than eighty shops and restaurants.
Design and interiors
SM City San Pablo, SM Prime Holdings' second mall in Laguna, has two levels and has 56,086 sqm of shopping space and 100+ shop. It has a semi-eye shaped atrium for events. The mall's atrium has perforated ceiling.[not in citation given] SM City San Pablo's design team includes Design Associates Inc., mall designer; Jose Siao Ling and Associates, architects; DA Abcede and Associates, project manager; and DDT Konstract, general contractor.
As early as 2008, SM Prime Holdings was planning to open SM Supercenter San Pablo (a downsized SM mall, originally) but this was shot down due to political pressures. After several attempts to build a similar establishment, SM Prime Holdings was given its go signal in July 2008 to push ahead for SM Supercenter San Pablo[not in citation given] located at Riverina Residential and Commercial Estates along Maharlika Highway at Brgy San Rafael.
It was expected to be completed in August 2010, but due to strategic location and growing demands for commercial establishments in San Pablo, it was upgraded into SM City San Pablo last April 28, 2010.[not in citation given]
The mall opened on October 1, 2010. SM Cinema San Pablo was launched on December 3, 2010 before the 2010 Metro Manila Film Festival from December 25, 2010 to January 3, 2011.
- SM Appliance Center
- SM Clean
- In 2010, 2 construction workers died and 7 others were injured when a scaffolding, on which three layers of metal pipes were also piled up, collapsed and hit the victims at a mall construction site in San Pablo City, Laguna.
- On July 16, 2014, The mall's facade was damaged due to Typhoon Glenda (Rammasun) that passed through Laguna.
- "FULL YEAR 2009 NET INCOME RISES 10% TO PHP7.0 BILLION". Sm Prime. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "SM Investments earmarks P40.6-B for 2010 capex | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features". ABS-CBN News. 2010-04-28. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- "2 dead, 7 hurt in construction accident in Laguna - INQUIRER.net, Philippine News for Filipinos". Newsinfo.inquirer.net. 2010-07-16. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
SM City Tarlac
|38th SM Supermall
SM City Calamba