|Key people||Grégoire Dallemagne (CEO)|
|Parent||Électricité de France|
EDF Luminus (former names: Société productrice d'électricité, SPE, and SPE-Luminus) is the second largest electricity producer and energy supplier on the Belgian energy market. Its main shareholder is Électricité de France with a 63.5% stake.
The company was established as municipalities joint utility Société productrice d'électricité (SPE) in 1978. In July 2008 Centrica acquired its majority stake in SPE by buying out Gaz de France. In 2009, Centrica sold its shares to EDF. In September 2010, SPE Luminus as a subsidiary of EDF, took over the sales activities of EDF Belgium. Grégoire Dallemagne took up office as CEO on 1 September 2011. On the 23rd of November 2011, the company was renamed EDF Luminus.
EDF Luminus sells electricity and gas to 1.7 million private and professional customers, bringing its commercial market share to more than 20%. The company has approximately 1,000 employees. With an installed generation capacity of 2,137 MW, the company accounts for 14% of the national electricity generation.
EDF Luminus owns gas-fired power plants (both CCGT and classic thermal power), wind farms and hydraulic power stations on various sites in Wallonia and Flanders. The company also owns stakes in nuclear plants. It operates CCGT plants at Angleur, Ghent-Ringvaart and Seraing, and classic thermal plants in Angleur, Gent-Ham, Izegem and Monsin. Until March 2012, EDF Luminus also exploited a classic thermal plant in Harelbeke. EDF Luminus' seven hydroelectric power plants are located on Meuse and Sambre rivers. The company also operates 13 wind farms, amounting to a total of 56 wind turbines.
- "Nuclear a pawn in Belgian politics". World Nuclear News. 2011-11-16. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "Elia Background". Elia. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- Bream, Rebecca; Shelley, Toby (2008-07-23). "Centrica takes control of Belgium's SPE". Financial Times. (subscription required). Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "EDF wins approval for UK's Centrica, Belgium's SPE deals". Power Engineering (PennWell Corporation). 2009-11-16. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "EDF to buy out three shareholders of Belgium's SPE-Luminus". Reuters. 2010-04-27. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "SPE-Luminus takes on EDF Belgium sales". Utility Week. 2010-09-10. Retrieved 2011-11-23.
- "New CEO at SPE-Luminus" (Press release). EDF Luminus. 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2011-12-07.
- "SPE becomes EDF Luminus". EDF Luminus Press Release. 2011-11-22. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- EDF Luminus nvsa - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review. Bharat Book Bureau. February 2012. GDPE65640SA.
- Du Bois, Frédéric. "Liberalisation of the Belgian energy market: where has the power gone?". 4P square Corporate NV/SA. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Customer Story: EDF". MECOMS. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "EDF Luminus" (in French). Nuclear Forum. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Thermal Power Plants". EDF Luminus. Retrieved 2012-03-14.[unreliable source?]
- "Elektriciteitscentrale Harelbeke sluit na 40 jaar de deuren" [Power plant in Harelbeke closes its doors after 40 years] (in Dutch). Knack News. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2012-03-14.
- "Hydroelectric power plants". EDF Luminus. Retrieved 2012-03-14.[unreliable source?]
- "Wind farms". EDF Luminus. Retrieved 2012-03-14[unreliable source?].
- "Luminus koopt drie windmolens" [Luminus buys three windmills]. De Tijd (in Dutch). 2012-03-08. Retrieved 2012-03-14.